Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know much about Rojo, but Romero is a very humble and kind person. I could not help to feel good for him when I heard about his move to United, and finally play in a good league. Dont hate me ñ_ñ
welcome to bluemoon our friend from Buenos Aries - I hope you can understand what is going on!

According to the article, when he was 16, and supposedly he lost his virginity with her.

But apparently is a non-story:

Por supuesto

“Yo en ese momento tenía veintiseis años -ahora tiene treinta y ocho- y el Kun era un nene.¡Era una locura!”

Kun perdió la virginidad con ella. Lucky boy. Not true through.

Also on a side note Otamendi played with Fernando at Porto under AVB in his successful days. I also think he partnered Mangala in Porto's defence later on. So plenty of familula faces for him to settle.

There has probably never been a better scenario for a player to settle. He joins 5 other argentines in our squad - including Zuculini, his roommate last year. Zabaleta and Demichelis who he regularly partners for Argentina. Then there's at least 2 other Spanish speakers, and 5 who speak Portuguese, including his old teammates Fernando and Mangala. Topping it all off, two of his best friends play for the rags.

If this guy can't settle, then no one can. He's already been teammates with 5 of the players for years.

Thats only wishes and hopes from River to have him back, only a rumour.

The dont have the money to do it... as always, southamerican clubs depends ON players will and what they can get as a deal or way to get out of their contracts with european clubs.

I suspect we'd accept a token fee if Martin wanted to leave. He's been a great player, but realistically at 35 with 10 months left on his contract - 4 by the time the argentine league starts, he's got not transfer value. Also I think the lack of summer break will hit him hard, and he's been replaced at CB anyway. Not to mention the Denayer angle...

As long as we don't go too mad on defensive rotation we should be OK.

I think over-rotation of the back four was one of our biggest problems last season.

I think that there is no problem rotating CB's but only if they have a familiarity with each other. Take Real Madrid. Pepe, Ramos and Varane have all played with each other for a few years and any combination of the 3 is going to be rock solid.

Last year Demi and Mangala were a good pairing, as was Kompany and Demi (in general). The problem was Mangala-Kompany because they rarely played. Now those two are developing a relationship, and Mangala and Otamendi already have one, I think we can form a 3 man unit like real have over the coming years.

i think this signing will be the season maker, if it works we will have a real chance in the Champions League, MDM has been solid enough but personally, I'd rate Otamendi as better than Vinny and as a pairing (if it works) it will probably be the best CB pair in Europe. (Yes I took my blue tinted specs off before I compared him with Vinny, it wasnt easy...)
Add to that the Silva/Sterling partnership, which I think has hit the ground running, it makes this the deal of the summer, Pogba and/or De Bruyne would be great additions of course, and the left back problem needs sorting (still), but I think this is the best signing, if it goes through.
*All IMO of course..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.