Our attendances

Totally agree. You only have to look at our cup attendances over the last few seasons which have been on the up. We tend to get at least 40k when 5 years ago it was much lower. 45k for Champions League is the lowest we seem to get. Overall your loyal hardcore is circa 45-50k these days.

I think we could get 60k on a regular basis for weekend games and we get 45k plus for most midweek matches.

we have at least a couple of seasons to build up our support to fill an expanded ground. The Etihad won’t be full for all night games but it doesn’t need to be.

From what I remember our attendance to ground capacity is actually one of the best in the prem. This whole empty seat myth was started by that red twat Scholes at one of our CL games a few years ago, rattling on about not selling out for a dull group game at a time when we were all hugely pissed off with UEFA and going nowhere in that competition.

The rags on social media loved it, they hadn't been able to take the piss out of us for a while as we'd been better than them on the pitch for a good few years so they focused on that instead and every game we played after that became an empty seat spotting contest. They literally post pictures of half empty stands at HT and pretend we've got no fans. Anything to keep the myth going. It's so pathetic it's laughable.

I might be wrong but I don't ever remember hearing much about empty seats before that ginger twat opened his gob that night.

United fans were banging on about it before that game but the game against Roma in the CL where Scholes was spouting off brought it to the attention of a much wider audience of ignorant fuckwits. Interestingly, the attendance that night of around 37,000 was still higher than United's first ever group game in the CL against IFK Gothenburg

Totally agree. You only have to look at our cup attendances over the last few seasons which have been on the up. We tend to get at least 40k when 5 years ago it was much lower. 45k for Champions League is the lowest we seem to get. Overall your loyal hardcore is circa 45-50k these days.
Looks like tomorrow's Cup game is going to be a sell out so your base is 50k. You've just got to work out / guess how many regulars aren't going in midweek and add them on. I'd say at least half our seasoncard holders wont be going, but we'll still sell out. So 60 to 70k for me.

I presume Wolves have got SS3 which is about 6K.

CB3 is all greyed out so I assume we're not selling tickets there. Have people been moved from there or have the SS3 ST holders been moved there?

I presume Wolves have got SS3 which is about 6K.

CB3 is all greyed out so I assume we're not selling tickets there. Have people been moved from there or have the SS3 ST holders been moved there?
They are selling up there too, but assume that they are selling the other areas first. I remember looking about a week ago when the whole ground was available and the middle block of the West Stand had low availability but the rest of the blocks had a lot of seats left. I reckon there's about 2.5k left in WL3 and 1.5k in EL3

Personally, and only my opinion, I think the hard core number has risen slightly to about 40k since the Pearce days, as the younger ones who didn't get turned off are still there with the older ones

I agree and we need to recognise that the scope to grow local support is limited. The Premier League is now global and there are plenty of other teams to follow if you hanker for watching a side playing lower level football. I've watched City for well over 50 years. This is the best football I have seen and I would not swap.

Compare the population and competition City face in the North West to the London clubs. London clubs have a bigger catchment area with a much bigger, richer population, have better transport infrastructure plus far more tourists for whom going to a football game may be an additional attraction. Considering these disadvantages, our attendances are consistent and remarkably high and include many none local supporters going back to the 1960's successes.

Our matchday revenue is relatively low compared to our position and attendance. There is massive potential to increase support in the UK and abroad and boost attendances towards the levels of United. The style of play under Pep is attracting admirers but trophies, especially the Champions League, will bring valuable sponsorship and create demand for the corporate and premium packages and seats that generates the big revenue.

This will allow for ground expansion and reasonably priced tickets to meet extra demand like in the South Stand. It looks like this year is pivotal to starting the next phase including increasing ground capacity. City have consistently been ahead of the curve. Last summer saw the Tunnel Club and new changing rooms. I can see next summer seeing the start of the North Stand expansion with provision for safe standing as demand will rocket if we continue to play as we are, getting results and creating the new superstars. In the Mercer/Allison glory days, City overtook United to become the club everyone wanted to be associated with. Pep or Jose anyone?

I can see 60k plus sell outs for most games in a couple of years.

I agree and we need to recognise that the scope to grow local support is limited. The Premier League is now global and there are plenty of other teams to follow if you hanker for watching a side playing lower level football. I've watched City for well over 50 years. This is the best football I have seen and I would not swap.

Compare the population and competition City face in the North West to the London clubs. London clubs have a bigger catchment area with a much bigger, richer population, have better transport infrastructure plus far more tourists for whom going to a football game may be an additional attraction. Considering these disadvantages, our attendances are consistent and remarkably high and include many none local supporters going back to the 1960's successes.

Our matchday revenue is relatively low compared to our position and attendance. There is massive potential to increase support in the UK and abroad and boost attendances towards the levels of United. The style of play under Pep is attracting admirers but trophies, especially the Champions League, will bring valuable sponsorship and create demand for the corporate and premium packages and seats that generates the big revenue.

This will allow for ground expansion and reasonably priced tickets to meet extra demand like in the South Stand. It looks like this year is pivotal to starting the next phase including increasing ground capacity. City have consistently been ahead of the curve. Last summer saw the Tunnel Club and new changing rooms. I can see next summer seeing the start of the North Stand expansion with provision for safe standing as demand will rocket if we continue to play as we are, getting results and creating the new superstars. In the Mercer/Allison glory days, City overtook United to become the club everyone wanted to be associated with. Pep or Jose anyone?

I can see 60k plus sell outs for most games in a couple of years.
I hope you're right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.