Our attendances

i agree with that, as in it looked a lot fuller a few years back. obviously we've had the expansion so that contributes. i think one of the main reasons is because the club keep tickets back for corporates and trips ( thomas cook club?) - things like that and dont release them. for instance in the family stand there are sometimes large groups together. whereas a few years ago they didnt do that as much and most in level 1 would be season ticket holders. i think they should expand, but it depends. if they make it cheap ad affordable we will sell out. tbh i dont think we have the fan base to fill a 60,000 ground every week.
we have a core fan base imo of around 45,000. and as said above most of our support/match goers come from greater manchester.we dont have coach loads of fans coming from all over like united. the coaches i do see at the etihad are local mainly. bred bury blues, bullocks coaches, moston ,didsbury..
Agree with all that, except the core. I'd say 35k. That's who stuck with us at the Etihad in the days when scoring ten at home was a season's quota!

I completely disagree. We have sold out all home league games pretty much since the expansion. I don’t think we have had a league crowd below 52,000. Let’s say the average season ticket holder missis 3 games a season. That’s one in 6 games. Seems about correct for the number of empty seats. Some put on seat exchange but for others it is not worth the hassle as they may only decide they can’t go last minute. I can’t wait until we get 60000 every week. Also the population of Manchester is growing hugely. Students from overseas and other parts of the country are staying here as it is a decent place to live. Yesterday looked full again but the rain didn’t help. This is a non issue to me. How many other clubs in Europe can guarantee 50000 plus week in week out?

It was more full than usual yesterday for me. Tier 3 was definitely.

You are right about the can't be bothered and last minute. I didn't go to the Everton game due to illness but the decision was only made an hour before I usually leave. Too late to do anything. When I know I can't go I offer my ticket out to people but sometimes don't get any takers. Half term too. Lots of people on holiday.

Agree with all that, except the core. I'd say 35k. That's who stuck with us at the Etihad in the days when scoring ten at home was a season's quota!
Personally, and only my opinion, I think the hard core number has risen slightly to about 40k since the Pearce days, as the younger ones who didn't get turned off are still there with the older ones

Seasoncard holders are core supporters surely. And we've got well over 40k

And I reckon there'll be about 45k against Wolves. My opinion was that there was a lot of seasoncard holders who didn't go against Napoli judging by the people I had sat around me, so if they don't go for the Champions League, I doubt they will go against Wolves.

A lot of the midweek games are a pain due to the traffic and work - I am 99% going tomorrow but can see why people cant be bothered.

A lot of the midweek games are a pain due to the traffic and work - I am 99% going tomorrow but can see why people cant be bothered.

I was deffo going to swerve this one, travelling from Leicester is a royal pain in the arse for midweek games.

But, then Sergio scored against Burnley and the prospect of him breaking the record in a half full stadium just doesn't compute, so I'm now travelling, hoping to see history in the making. I implore everyone who can go to get their arses in gear and pay homage to our greatest ever goalscorer.

Like it or not we are quite provincial, probably 9 out of 10 of our match going fans probably live within a twenty mile radius of the ground. We do not have hordes of fans scattered around the country or thousands coming over from Ireland. The interest in the club from overseas has increased dramatically but in the UK outside the Manchester area barely at all.
I assume you live locally ? I think you'd be quite surprised how many travel quite a long way to our home games.

I think we could get 60k on a regular basis for weekend games and we get 45k plus for most midweek matches.

we have at least a couple of seasons to build up our support to fill an expanded ground. The Etihad won’t be full for all night games but it doesn’t need to be.

From what I remember our attendance to ground capacity is actually one of the best in the prem. This whole empty seat myth was started by that red twat Scholes at one of our CL games a few years ago, rattling on about not selling out for a dull group game at a time when we were all hugely pissed off with UEFA and going nowhere in that competition.

The rags on social media loved it, they hadn't been able to take the piss out of us for a while as we'd been better than them on the pitch for a good few years so they focused on that instead and every game we played after that became an empty seat spotting contest. They literally post pictures of half empty stands at HT and pretend we've got no fans. Anything to keep the myth going. It's so pathetic it's laughable.

I might be wrong but I don't ever remember hearing much about empty seats before that ginger twat opened his gob that night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.