Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

Should have gone years ago. Who will miss the crosses that hit the man in front of him, the lazy short balls direct to the opposition, shots from crazy areas flyning everywhere but goalwards and the absolute failure to return to the defence after a failed attack ? Nobody in their right mind.

kolarov has nothing that will adhere him to Pep,he'll be one of the first out the door.Sagna has been our best defender this season,he,above all,deserves a stay.Im torn with Zabba,he is a legend here but do we need two players of such an age? Saying that,hes the perfect mentor to Maffeo........tough calls ahead.

I think Zaba could easily go. It's fair to say he peaked in 13/14. We need new dynamic fullbacks.

Kolarov's performance on Saturday was one of the worst I've ever seen from a city full back, and I remember Eddie Sinclair!

Someone suggested Delph in the Pep Survivor Thread and it makes a lot of sense. For me the most important attributes for a fullback are work rate and stamina. Delph is very energetic, has a great work rate attackng amd defending, and he appears intelligent/disciplined enough to knoe where to be and when.

Zaba fit and well has another season in him for me. Sagna has done OK. It's touch and go with those 2.

In respect of Kolarov, I genuinely believe Pep will use him. In fact I think he will fly under him.

Clichy can go.

I'm not so sure mate. Admittedly, he has missed a fair few games this season, but he does look to have lost a bit of pace which is natural as you get older. Age creeps up on some faster than others and we can ill afford to have another season with a player whose legs may be going quicker than wanted / anticipated.

If he is not to feature in Peps plans, I hope he does stay with the club in some capacity.

If the rest of the players could have Zabbas commitment and work rate, we would be a better team for it.

I think Zaba could easily go. It's fair to say he peaked in 13/14. We need new dynamic fullbacks.

So few out there for the Right though. Someone like Fabinho next year with Zabs and then replace Zabs with Maffeo the next season?

I'd be devastated if Pep tossed aside Zab. He's such a positive influence in the dressing room and loves this club so much. You can't have enough leaders at a club and he is certainly one of them.

Maybe he could revert back to his old CDM role occasionally like during his Espanyol days when he evitably loses a bit of pace. I still think he's top notch by the way...by no means is he finished.

I'd be devastated if Pep tossed aside Zab. He's such a positive influence in the dressing room and loves this club so much. You can't have enough leaders at a club and he is certainly one of them.

Maybe he could revert back to his old CDM role occasionally like during his Espanyol days when he evitably loses a bit of pace. I still think he's top notch by the way...by no means is he finished.

That's part of the reason he is paid so well.

To make the right calls on players.

No room for sentiment in this business and making the wrong calls on and off the field the manager is and should be the first under the gun.

That's part of the reason he is paid so well.

To make the right calls on players.

No room for sentiment in this business and making the wrong calls on and off the field the manager is and should be the first under the gun.

Agree, as I've said, Zaba peaked two years ago and looks to have lost his pace. If I was going to wager who Pep would keep id probably say Sagna.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.