Pablo Maffeo - 2016/2017 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How fit is he? He looked absolutely exhausted towards the end of the game. Would it be asking too much to expect him to play again on Saturday?

Think you are probably referring to the time when the camera went close-up on him after he had sprinted 100 yards to put a dangerous cross out for a corner when they tried to hit us on the break. He was blowing a bit, but I think anybody would have been at that particular moment!

How fit is he? He looked absolutely exhausted towards the end of the game. Would it be asking too much to expect him to play again on Saturday?
Yeah this is obviously a bit of a concern, only 2 days rest, so the Dutch Weird Twitter egg would certainly find it bizarre if he's to play against WBA. :)

If Zabaleta somehow gets fit I guess he'll get the nod, and probably rightly so, given the circumstances, not that he deserves it one bit if you evaluate them only based on current form. Obviously a 3 man defense is also an option; in any case, we won't have too many players at the back as WBA will sit with two very low 4 blocks for the entire game I guess.

He needs to be managed carefully after that performance.
He was outstanding and deserves to keep his place for the weekend, especially taking into consideration that our senior right backs both have knocks. But it was visible just how fucked he was also towards the end of the game.
He definitely needs more exposure to the first team but his games need to be selected carefully in my opinion.

But on last night.............That was a huge test for him in that environment and against Rashford. Whilst Rashford isn't the finished article himself, there aren't many more direct opponents he'll come across. It was simply outstanding by Maffeo

Yes, I wondered that.

yesterday was a very intense, fast paced game with neither team keeping hold of the ball for long so a lot of players looked to be tiring badly at the end, not just the kids. It would be unusual if a kid making the step up wasn't blowing hard by the end.

West Brom will be a about half the intensity, we'll monopolise the ball, there will be much less turnover of possession and it will be more about him contributing going forward and staying sharp to not get caught out.

Personally think we'll go 343 again though don't think he'll play unfortunately.

Fantastic performance by the kid,such a shame he was thrown in like that though,a run out last Sunday v Southampton may have helped him even more,but gotta take a bow son for his efforts last night

Someone might have asked this already, but was it only me who thought Shaw deliberately blocked/tripped him in the area when he was just about to run on to the pass by Sergio in the latter part of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.