Parking Charge Notice advice

The plot thickens!
Woman wins parking battle with Excel after lawyer daughter finds loophole

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...9258#ICID=ios_MENNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

To be fair she's not really found anything that isn't already known. If you go onto Pepipoo or the Money Saving Expert forums, they near enough all recommend appealing the "fine" based on breaches of the Protection of Freedom Act 2012. All the private parking companies have to absolutely adhere to the wording of that act, and if they don't, the PCN is unenforceable. It is very difficult for the private parking companies to do this without posting the entire terms of the parking "contract" you are deemed to have entered into, at highly visible points everywhere in the car park under their "control".

I found the site below, Parking Cowboys, who for a fee of £19.00 will act on your behalf to get these tickets overturned. I haven't used them, so can't attest, but maybe if you don't feel up to having a go back at these people, or simply can't be arsed, it might be worth a try, put out a sprat to catch a mackerel so to speak.

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/appeal-service/

Oh, and DON'T ignore the PCN's should you get one!!! Beavis vs Parking Eye screwed up the "I'll just ignore it" position. Either pay up or fight, but do not ignore, you can finish up with a huge bill, debt collectors on your door or a CCJ against you.

Last edited:
I found the site below, Parking Cowboys, who for a fee of £19.00 will act on your behalf to get these tickets overturned. I haven't used them, so can't attest, but maybe if you don't feel up to having a go back at these people, or simply can't be arsed, it might be worth a try, put out a sprat to catch a mackerel so to speak.

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/appeal-service/
I wonder if they could have done anything for the woman who was fined over 20 grand? Them fuckers must have done everything by the book.

I wonder if they could have done anything for the woman who was fined over 20 grand? Them fuckers must have done everything by the book.

If I remember rightly Yeseye, this was in Scotland, and Scots have a slightly different system up there. Either way, the silly woman shouldn't have ignored them!

In England you can appeal the charge, most (not all) of the private parking belong to a trade association, the best being BPA, which allows an appeal under POPLA, and if you can frame your argument correctly regarding breach of PoFA 2012, you will win nearly every time. Some private parking companies belong to IPC, but that's just a front for an organization they run themselves, so is not as reliable. The more professional private parking robbers are wising up to the PoFA wording thing, and it is getting harder to win appeals, but it's still well worth a punt.

A couple of links below if anyone is interested in taking up an appeal.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/

Just asking if anyone has advice on my situation regarding a parking charge. In Stockport I went into my bank where there is a private service road with parking charges. I didnt buy a ticket as usually, although not shown anywhere, you get 10 minutes with no problem. In my case there was a queue in the bank and my stay was 13 minutes. A few days later I received my first letter which I did not reply to. Two weeks ago I received a second letter saying they will take me to court or debt collection. The charge is £100. Any kind soul got any advice on how to get out of it. The company is based in Liverpool.

Just asking if anyone has advice on my situation regarding a parking charge. In Stockport I went into my bank where there is a private service road with parking charges. I didnt buy a ticket as usually, although not shown anywhere, you get 10 minutes with no problem. In my case there was a queue in the bank and my stay was 13 minutes. A few days later I received my first letter which I did not reply to. Two weeks ago I received a second letter saying they will take me to court or debt collection. The charge is £100. Any kind soul got any advice on how to get out of it. The company is based in Liverpool.

Just keep ignoring it mate, it goes away after 7 years

Is it a council ticket or a private one? If it's the former then you have to pay it. If the latter then it's a bit more complicated. It used to be that they had to prove that you were the driver at the time of the "offence". If they couldn't, then it was largely unenforceable but the law changed a few years ago so that they could pursue the registered owner, rather than the driver, providing certain conditions are met (regulations, adequate signage, etc). So they could legally take you to court but that's only over the debt not the parking "offence". You haven't actually broken any law or bye-law hence why I've used inverted commas.

The $64,000 question is, is the cost and effort of doing that worth it to them? That's the chance you take.

Go to Liverpool and petrol bomb their offices, they'll think twice before sending you any more bills.

Unless it's issued by the police or the council it's not even a legal ticket.
I'm sure the letter you receive is àn invoice and not a fine if that makes sense!
I'd ignore it mate, imho if it's not the police or council who are issuing it then I'd bin it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.