Parking Charge Notice advice

What's wrong with being boring in a thread about parking tickets?

Only boring people get them, only boring people go on about them.

I'd rather hear people droning on about how their children are geniuses or look at their holiday snaps than hear about their parking ticket problems.

Then why the fuck would you click on this thread in the first place?

Bumped rather than create a new thread. I'm looking for advice regarding a disputed debt.

I am being pestered by a German debt collection agency instructed by their German client. Are they bound by our U.K. debt guidelines or their German ones?

I disputed the initial invoice of around £100 after they took a payment through PayPal. They declined to cancel and refund me, so I raised a dispute with PayPal. This was settled at around 50% and I got a 50% refund through PayPal.

Then in November, the company raised another invoice for the original full amount. No matter what I do, I cannot get them to understand that the matter was resolved by PayPal and I don't owe them anything. Whilst we were in email dialog, they passed the debt to the agency without notifying me of this. This is against U.K. debt guidelines.

I have tried to explain to the agency, but they just say their client tells them I withdrew the original payment (all of it).

I am getting nowhere with the morons, and suspect I might have to go to court. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? Is there any point going to our FSA? Or is there a German equivalent?

Bumped rather than create a new thread. I'm looking for advice regarding a disputed debt.

I am being pestered by a German debt collection agency instructed by their German client. Are they bound by our U.K. debt guidelines or their German ones?

I disputed the initial invoice of around £100 after they took a payment through PayPal. They declined to cancel and refund me, so I raised a dispute with PayPal. This was settled at around 50% and I got a 50% refund through PayPal.

Then in November, the company raised another invoice for the original full amount. No matter what I do, I cannot get them to understand that the matter was resolved by PayPal and I don't owe them anything. Whilst we were in email dialog, they passed the debt to the agency without notifying me of this. This is against U.K. debt guidelines.

I have tried to explain to the agency, but they just say their client tells them I withdrew the original payment (all of it).

I am getting nowhere with the morons, and suspect I might have to go to court. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? Is there any point going to our FSA? Or is there a German equivalent?

me i'd stick all paperwork in the bin and add them to your ban list at your email address, let them take you to court 'but they wont'

These clowns are just trying their luck, the original client agreed to paypal being the arbitrator in disputes by using them, so not only is there is no court case to be had because the "Dispute" has been settled, but this is harassment as defined under the 1997 act of the same name, write a simple letter laying out your case and include your intention to involve the police if there is any further nonsense (It is a criminal offence).

Makes no odds where they are in Europe, there is reciprocal powers for criminal offences.

Makes no odds where they are in Europe, there is reciprocal powers for criminal offences.
Thanks for the advice. I've emailed them back today to try and explain one more time. If they try their luck again, I'll ask them to desist from harassing me and tell them I've nothing further to say to them.

Just received a "letter before action" from the civil enforcement arseholes that have been pursuing us for an 11 minute over stay on line square since november, told them my wife had had a puncture but they want garage proof even though I changed it, saying we have 14 days to pay the now £140 before they issue proceedings...if proceedings are issued then they say they will be seeking court costs plus legal fees....arse holes

Which they'll get if they win.

On the other hand maybe it's just brinkmanship on their part.

@Ric, what was the final outcome of your Mrs's misdemeanour?

A friend of a friend has been issued with a notice for poor parking, over the line two bays (probably a woman in an SUV)

Yes I know she probably deserves the fine, but did you appeal or get your fine withdrawn or reduced?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.