Parking near/at the Etihad

Cheers mate, much appreciated. There is 3 of us tomorrow so think brisk walk for that late train will be the best option. If you are ever stuck for a lift though give me a shout as i probably mix driving and train 50/50 so if im driving can always take a few.

No worries

Does anyone else park in the large car park just off Philips Park Rd and Viaduct Street near Sport City? Last night it took over 45 minutes to get out. It didnt help that the tossers that run it over filled the car park and blocked everybody in. You literally couldn’t get out until the car In front of you had moved. I was also charged £10 to park, which has gone up from £8. When we were queuing to leave I got talking to a few different people, and a family in the next car who had only been charged £8 and others £10. It seemed that if you drove a half decent car they charged you more to park. The guy that runs it is a right arrogant shit screaming at people to hurry up and park quickly. I certainly won’t be parking there again.

Does anyone else park in the large car park just off Philips Park Rd and Viaduct Street near Sport City? Last night it took over 45 minutes to get out. It didnt help that the tossers that run it over filled the car park and blocked everybody in. You literally couldn’t get out until the car In front of you had moved. I was also charged £10 to park, which has gone up from £8. When we were queuing to leave I got talking to a few different people, and a family in the next car who had only been charged £8 and others £10. It seemed that if you drove a half decent car they charged you more to park. The guy that runs it is a right arrogant shit screaming at people to hurry up and park quickly. I certainly won’t be parking there again.

You're better-off parking 15-20 minutes walk away from the stadium and walking the rest. Avoids all that shite.

Which area of the stadium do you sit?

I parked in the car park of Kadel Superstore on Briscoe Lane on Saturday. I paid my £5, and went to watch the game, only to return to both nearside tyres of my Ford Edge having been slashed. Living in Preston, I was stranded at that time of night, and had no alternative but to negotiate a taxi fare of £70, back home. each tyre has cost me £175, so all in all I have been without my car for 2 days, and I am now £420 worse off, because some dickhead decided to slash my tyres.
A couple of points worth making are, if this had been some female who had taken her kids to the match it could have been a dangerous situation for her, because its not the nicest place to be stranded in Manchester. My second point is this would seriously have ruined someone's xmas who is in a far less fortunate financial position than me.
Has any body else had any trouble on Briscoe Lane with car vandalism on match days?

I parked in the car park of Kadel Superstore on Briscoe Lane on Saturday. I paid my £5, and went to watch the game, only to return to both nearside tyres of my Ford Edge having been slashed. Living in Preston, I was stranded at that time of night, and had no alternative but to negotiate a taxi fare of £70, back home. each tyre has cost me £175, so all in all I have been without my car for 2 days, and I am now £420 worse off, because some dickhead decided to slash my tyres.
A couple of points worth making are, if this had been some female who had taken her kids to the match it could have been a dangerous situation for her, because its not the nicest place to be stranded in Manchester. My second point is this would seriously have ruined someone's xmas who is in a far less fortunate financial position than me.
Has any body else had any trouble on Briscoe Lane with car vandalism on match days?
I think there has been some serious car crime round there
Although I begrudge it, it's why I bought a season ticket for a secure car park where the risk is as minimal as it can be
A mate started to park and ride at Ashton and sacked that off after having his tyres slashed

Had my window smashed last season and the sat nav sd card knicked (nothing else taken , even left about £10 in loose change) - apparently they are targeting Nissans as quite a few got done - see separate thread on here about that

Don’t park on Briscoe Lane but I do park on Riverpark road and not wanting to tempt fate, haven’t had a problem. Have also parked down near Ashburys as recommended by another blue on here without any issues.
Do think it’s luck of the draw though, but getting somewhere well lit and reasonably early helps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.