Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at the goal he scored against us in the CL. It was an amazing world class goal. He should have had a pen as well. With proper refereeing he would have won that game for Celtic.

He's a better player than Sterling for a start. Maybe not as quick but has better ball control and can dribble and beat his man better, crosses better, he shoots better than most players in City's squad never mind Sterling and he has the intelligence to play an incisive pass. He often sets up other players with passes from midfield.

And he's tough and he doesn't hide. Suffered a potential leg breaker early in the cup final against Sevco. Brushed it off and played a great game.

Celtic won't buy him, they haven't got £25m and he's worth that at least.Pep is going to look at him pre season. If he gets in the squad Sterling will be saying goodbye before long.

i don't see it myself sterling is way ahead and sane miles better jesus light years better so good look if you can take a shirts of one of them

celtic are a championship team at best and he will shine in that squad and in the scottish league its poor and a one horse race facing donkeys so for roberts to just come back to england and into the man city squad and demand a place is just not going to happen. yes he is a talent but so was wilfried zaha at his age and went to united and could not cut it and now he is a very good premier league player but at the right level

roberts should move on and city keep a eye on him he needs game time in the best leagues at a good club and then see in 2 to 3 years when manchester city will be building another squad and maybe with another manager and idea's just look at chelsea with Victor Moses went everywhere on loan for years but last season had a great season at chelsea

47 11 19
Have a look at the goal he scored against us in the CL. It was an amazing world class goal. He should have had a pen as well. With proper refereeing he would have won that game for Celtic.

He's a better player than Sterling for a start. Maybe not as quick but has better ball control and can dribble and beat his man better, crosses better, he shoots better than most players in City's squad never mind Sterling and he has the intelligence to play an incisive pass. He often sets up other players with passes from midfield.

And he's tough and he doesn't hide. Suffered a potential leg breaker early in the cup final against Sevco. Brushed it off and played a great game.

Celtic won't buy him, they haven't got £25m and he's worth that at least.Pep is going to look at him pre season. If he gets in the squad Sterling will be saying goodbye before long.
Better than Sterling, what are you basing that on? Last season they both played 47 games. Roberts scored 11 and had 19 assists. Sterling scored 10 and had 21 assists. Considering Sterling did it in the Prem, CL etc and Roberts did it in the Scottish league and CL, its hard to see how you come to that conclusion. People jump on Sterling all the time and i just don't get it, he had a very good season for us last season and yet people still can't wait to criticise him.

i don't see it myself sterling is way ahead and sane miles better jesus light years better so good look if you can take a shirts of one of them

celtic are a championship team at best and he will shine in that squad and in the scottish league its poor and a one horse race facing donkeys so for roberts to just come back to england and into the man city squad and demand a place is just not going to happen. yes he is a talent but so was wilfried zaha at his age and went to united and could not cut it and now he is a very good premier league player but at the right level

roberts should move on and city keep a eye on him he needs game time in the best leagues at a good club and then see in 2 to 3 years when manchester city will be building another squad and maybe with another manager and idea's just look at chelsea with Victor Moses went everywhere on loan for years but last season had a great season at chelsea

Virgil van Dijk played for Celtic. One year later he is the most sought after CB in the Premier League. Managers Roberts has been up against in the Champions League (Enrique, Guardiola) say he's good enough to go to the very top. Enrique was raving about him in fact.

Wilfried Zaha was good enough for United only that incompetent Moyes was in charge. He's game changer for Crystal Palace and is good enough for a top 4 team imo. Just because Le Tissier only played for Southampton doesn't mean he wasn't world class. There are many great players who don't play for a top team.

You've not said how Roberts is lacking. Those who have watched him play, and know what they are talking about such as Enrique and Guardiola disagree. 12 clubs wanted to sign Roberts. He is in more demand than Nasri, Hart, Delph, Bony, Mangala etc.

Last edited:

Oh come on now "Celtic are a championship team at best" is ridiculous, they are easily a Premier league level team. I can't take anything you say seriously, your just saying words with nothing to back them up.

47 11 19

Better than Sterling, what are you basing that on? Last season they both played 47 games. Roberts scored 11 and had 19 assists. Sterling scored 10 and had 21 assists. Considering Sterling did it in the Prem, CL etc and Roberts did it in the Scottish league and CL, its hard to see how you come to that conclusion. People jump on Sterling all the time and i just don't get it, he had a very good season for us last season and yet people still can't wait to criticise him.
I mean the comparison isn't entirely fair because the premier league is more difficult but come on now don't throw statistics around like that so unfairly. Sterling got 47 games AND played 3627 minutes, while Roberts got 47 games AND played 2686 minutes, almost 1000 minutes less. If you want to use the statistics accurately then check the goals+assists/90 minutes:

Roberts: about 1g/a per 90 mins
Sterling: about 0.77 g/a per 90mins

Oh come on now "Celtic are a championship team at best" is ridiculous, they are easily a Premier league level team. I can't take anything you say seriously, your just saying words with nothing to back them up.
If they were down in England they'd have the resources to strengthen, but at the moment their playing squad is Championship standard.

Personally I think they would finish bottom half of the premier and very possibly bottom 6. They have little strength in depth and probably couldn't cope with the intensity of our league. Not being funny but Celtic v Kilmarnock isn't exactly a toughie. They rest players all the time as they know that even a 2nd string team is good enough to beat most teams in their league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.