Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did! He was a first team player at Fulham. I know the ins & outs as I'm related to him.
In that case can you tell him to stop being a mard arse, and if he thinks he is good enough for a guaranteed place in City's team then he might just be wrong. There may be a reason that he may end up at the best club in a shite league

Why do people always assume these players would actually WANT to return to City on a buyback clause?? Can see us being high on their list after having no faith in them.

Could it be that some of them are realistic in their expectations? The know they're not going to walk into our first team, are happy to play first team football elsewhere until they develop, happy to retain the link to City.

I suppose its down to how honest we are with them when they first sign. If we explain their likely progression path, dont give them unrealstic expectations.

We did! He was a first team player at Fulham. I know the ins & outs as I'm related to him.
First full season at Fulham, he played 17 games, not all of them starts. If he is available, there does seem to be a shortage of clubs chasing him which is probably why Celtic think they can get away with £5M. If that's what they think he's worth then a buy back of £7M or a 50% of any sell on fee, would seem entirely reasonable.

I wonder if the reason why he initially went on loan had anything to do with him, like Raheem, not suiting the two touch football Pellegrini wanted from his players.

Either way, I still think he could have easily taken Navas' squad spot and I'll be pissed off if/ when we sell him.

In that case can you tell him to stop being a mard arse, and if he thinks he is good enough for a guaranteed place in City's team then he might just be wrong. There may be a reason that he may end up at the best club in a shite league
I would suggest that if we are promising young signings things that we don't deliver on or even attempt to deliver on it will come back to bite us as we won't be trusted.
As far as I can see Roberts is trying hard , playing good football under a good coach and good luck to him.
It's bloody difficult to make the grade at a top premier league club as a very young player but we should be honest when recruiting.

Its in the mirror people, don't get to worried, wasn't it them who said Kun to the rags a few months ago.let's trust our people to do the right thing for the club.

I would suggest that if we are promising young signings things that we don't deliver on or even attempt to deliver on it will come back to bite us as we won't be trusted.
As far as I can see Roberts is trying hard , playing good football under a good coach and good luck to him.
It's bloody difficult to make the grade at a top premier league club as a very young player but we should be honest when recruiting.
I seriously doubt that we are making promises and commitments to any player about guaranteed playing time, whoever they are. It's not likely that Pep is going to say, sorry Kevin/David/Leroy/Raheem/Sergio, you aren't playing today cos young Patrick is throwing a tantrum about being better than you

I seriously doubt that we are making promises and commitments to any player about guaranteed playing time, whoever they are. It's not likely that Pep is going to say, sorry Kevin/David/Leroy/Raheem/Sergio, you aren't playing today cos young Patrick is throwing a tantrum about being better than you

That's not what was said by the previous poster. He was allegedly told that he would be involved with the first team and not loaned. If that's true then he would have every right to be pissed off.

If that's true.

We don't know the veracity of the poster, however he did say that he would not be loaned out.

That's not what was said by the previous poster. He was allegedly told that he would be involved with the first team and not loaned. If that's true then he would have every right to be pissed off.

If that's true.
Two things (1) I would imagine any such commitment in advance is extremely unlikely at a major PL club, for a relatively young lad (2) things change, and expectations of development, be it personal, emotional, physical or skill, may not have been met. Personally I hope he stays and makes it, but I think there have to be serious doubts as to whether he is THAT good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.