Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annnnnnd there's your problem.

Even worse, it's David Maddock, a dipper by trade who has spent his free time, since the take over, creating the narrative that City have lost their heritage and are only interested in being a wallet club now. What do you expect from a pig, but a grunt?

If we sell him i give up all hope on this club taking a chance on youth.

We have plenty of young players, like Jesus and Sane.

So it's ok for the club to promise him the world to tempt him to sign for us then immediately go back on that & do what they said they wouldn't? Isn't that what we all complain about when UEFA try it with us?

First of all,welcome back to the forum after a two year absence.......

Back on topic,you appear to be suggesting you have personal contact with Patrick and his family,is that the case?

Sell him, unload the paycheck, but have a first option repurchase at £X and XX% sell on clauses.

Time to stop bringing in players on good money to loan them out and pay other clubs to "bring them on" when we have yet to see any fruit from such relationships. We are a club in a "win now, at virtually any cost" mode until the Academy and these purchases start to bear fruit. So, until then, let these other clubs buy them, with the above clawback clauses, where we get that talent back IF they have panned out into the mature talent we initially hoped they would become.

To be honest he was treated badly & I can understand why he wasn't happy. The family were told, as was he, that he'd be playing when we signed him & were told he'd not be loaned out. Then he was... The family were over the moon when he signed, despite being Liverpool fans it was huge for him.
Of course we told a 17 year old he will be playing. No bother Patrick we paid £3 million to play you.
Patrick has enjoyed his time at Celtic and will remember it for the rest of his life. I believe he needs to taste himself at a higher level now. Benefice or Monaco a team that is dominant in thier league would be ideal for 12 month loan.
If we sell we have to have a buy back clause.

Why do people always assume these players would actually WANT to return to City on a buyback clause?? Can see us being high on their list after having no faith in them.

Of course we told a 17 year old he will be playing. No bother Patrick we paid £3 million to play you.
Patrick has enjoyed his time at Celtic and will remember it for the rest of his life. I believe he needs to taste himself at a higher level now. Benefice or Monaco a team that is dominant in thier league would be ideal for 12 month loan.
If we sell we have to have a buy back clause.

We did! He was a first team player at Fulham. I know the ins & outs as I'm related to him.

Let's be honest, the players we bought only became worth that much money because they played at teams where they were able to get regular first team football. That's what allowed them to develop into such good players. An 18 year old Sane or Sterling probably wouldn't have got in our team either. That's why loans are going to be so important. Roberts needs to go on loan to a Premier League club this season imo. Even if he's good enough for a place on our bench, he'd probably be better off playing every week somewhere like Bournemouth.

i have absolutely no gripe with loaning out young players for them to get game time. I agree, if we picked up Sane and/or Sterling from Leverkusen and/or QPR respectively they wouldn't be in our first team, not even now after any loans. Is Micah the last player to come out of our academy and be a first team regular for more than a season? that was 2005.. And the closest thing to a local lad playing for our team in recent years just left to West Ham.

We definitely should be getting a loan for this kid in say here or Germany..But we won't, when was the last time we successfully loaned a youngster to a top league? Are Ruining Denayer with shit loan choices, who imo should have just completed his second season with us in a rotation role. Instead we have played no legs Demichelis, Navas/Dinho at RB, Sagna/Clichy et al at CB all in games where Denayer would have learnt more than a season at Galatasary as 2nd choice right back.

We did! He was a first team player at Fulham. I know the ins & outs as I'm related to him.
He wants to stay at Celtic because he thinks Brenda will improve him as a player and the Celtic fans are stroking his ego?.
It's nice to be wanted and if we are not showing him the love you can't blame him.
He will get his move to the Premier if he improves. Thanks for sharing :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.