Pep articles/videos (and Pep Confidential link)

Is passion really something that marks him out? I keep hearing this, but surely all managers are incredibly driven people whether it is Stuart Pearce, or Pellegrini? Nevertheless it is a trait of Guardiola which people in the game who come into contact with him always refer to so we must defer to them.

Passion doesn't just mean running up and down the touch line shouting. In Peps case it means a genuine passion for every aspect of the game. It's what marks him out from the rest. His attention to detail, the fact that every waking minute is spent striving to improve.
I'm sure every manager is passionate in their own way but from what I've seen and read about Guardiola we've struck gold.

It's more like a single-minded obsession than passion.

The man is so hyped up he can't eat food all say before a game, and takes an hour to calm down enough to eat afterwards. Immediately after every game he and his team speak and he'll tell them things like "Pull up the 33rd minute at training tomorrow so I can show player X what he did wrong with his body position, wasn't it great in the 77th minute where player Y took out two players with that pass - that's what we've been trying to teach him."

There's a great excerpt where he is at the Nou Camp on his own doing analysis before a clasico at 10pm and he phones up Messi (who is asleep) and makes him come into the office so he can show him the false 9 position.

Reading the book, he really does come across as an obsessive, unable to stop thinking about work for more than 30 minutes etc. - it can't be healthy, and I expect he'll retire young, but while he is our manager, it's going to be so exciting.

It's more like a single-minded obsession than passion.

The man is so hyped up he can't eat food all say before a game, and takes an hour to calm down enough to eat afterwards. Immediately after every game he and his team speak and he'll tell them things like "Pull up the 33rd minute at training tomorrow so I can show player X what he did wrong with his body position, wasn't it great in the 77th minute where player Y took out two players with that pass - that's what we've been trying to teach him."

There's a great excerpt where he is at the Nou Camp on his own doing analysis before a clasico at 10pm and he phones up Messi (who is asleep) and makes him come into the office so he can show him the false 9 position.

Reading the book, he really does come across as an obsessive, unable to stop thinking about work for more than 30 minutes etc. - it can't be healthy, and I expect he'll retire young, but while he is our manager, it's going to be so exciting.
Another good one was when Henry revealed on Sky that there was one game where the score was 0-0 and Henry wanted to get more involved to make a difference. So he started drifting from his position to get involved in the game and have interchanges with Messi. It worked - Henry scored and Barca went in at half time in the lead. Henry said he was buzzing.... then Pep hooked him off at half time for leaving his position on the field as that's not what he told him to do!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.