Pep, Sergio and his representatives meet for late night talks

I think Sergio HAS upped his workrate, but people forget that he spends 80% of his energy making runs OFF THE BALL, and not getting anything out of it!

Klopp perfectly summed up Sergio in Pep's set up...world class player who will score if you let him, so we will have to stop him getting the ball! The results speak for themselves!

I would be interested to see how many REAL CHANCES Sergio has had CREATED FOR HIM this season. I know he has MADE HIS OWN CHANCES, but I wonder how many chances he has had where other players have got the ball to him in a place to score.

In short, I think Pep's system has starved him, especially when we play against very organized defenses that retreat back into their 30 yard shells and we become ponderous and stunted. The flying wingers, that open up space and get balls into the dangerous areas where goals are scored, have not really created what they are intended to create. Hopefully, when Sane, Sterling, KDB, Silva & now Jesus get up to speed, they can help us attack much quicker and take advantage of defences on the back foot, which is when attackers have the advantage.
Don't make sense here .Too many monopoly experts will come out in force and sell Kun in no time. According to them he is shit.
As you said not many chances for Kun as far as I remember.

Well the sun foolishly thinks he is off to chelsea

Have you got a link mate? The only Aguero story I can see on The Scum's website is the one where Guardiola is saying Aguero's our most important striker, he's signed a contract extension and he'll stay as long as he wants to stay at the club.

Have you got a link mate? The only Aguero story I can see on The Scum's website is the one where Guardiola is saying Aguero's our most important striker, he's signed a contract extension and he'll stay as long as he wants to stay at the club.

I refuse to link it because it's the sun but it's not exactly hard to google it.

Basically they're using betting odds to try and add weight to their story. 3/1 to join Independiente and 4/1 to join Chelsea who will want Sergio to replace Costa in the summer.

ESPN have also just posted an article saying that Pellegrini wants to take Silva (as well as Nasri) to China. Their source? The sun.

I always felt Aguero would stay with us until the lure of Madrid became to strong (or financially irresistible) to turn down. And I would have no problems with that.

But Chelsea? Nah... no way.

Whatever happens, in Pep I trust.

I think Sergio HAS upped his workrate, but people forget that he spends 80% of his energy making runs OFF THE BALL, and not getting anything out of it!

Klopp perfectly summed up Sergio in Pep's set up...world class player who will score if you let him, so we will have to stop him getting the ball! The results speak for themselves!

I would be interested to see how many REAL CHANCES Sergio has had CREATED FOR HIM this season. I know he has MADE HIS OWN CHANCES, but I wonder how many chances he has had where other players have got the ball to him in a place to score.

In short, I think Pep's system has starved him, especially when we play against very organized defenses that retreat back into their 30 yard shells and we become ponderous and stunted. The flying wingers, that open up space and get balls into the dangerous areas where goals are scored, have not really created what they are intended to create. Hopefully, when Sane, Sterling, KDB, Silva & now Jesus get up to speed, they can help us attack much quicker and take advantage of defences on the back foot, which is when attackers have the advantage.

agree with you.
he wasted much energy when he force to closing down alone on opponents back 4.
while City flying wingers busy covering old fullbacks which lost their pace.
give him the strike force partner, and he will thrive again.
just look how he and The Beast partnership. they are closing down in partner.
how i missed this time. they are playing much closer to the goal.
now all i see most of time when winger crossing by the line, there's ONLY one player in the box.
useless tactic when their only option is to cross (or hopeful cross) to 5'8" striker against towering CB.

Last edited:
agree with you.
he wasted much energy when he force to closing down alone on opponents back 4.
while City flying wingers busy covering old fullbacks which lost their pace.
give him the strike force partner, and he will thrive again.
just look how he and The Beast partnership. they are closing down in partner.
how i missed this time. they are playing much closer to the goal.
now all i see most of time when winger crossing by the line, there's ONLY one player in the box.
useless tactic when their only option is to cross (or hopeful cross) to 5'8" striker against towering CB.

We were good then, I was never worried about who we played, especially at home. How have we gone so crap compared to those days? All I can think of is poor recruitment really.

There are some SUBLIME touches from Negredo in that game. The pass to Yaya on the break for Sergio's second, and the first reverse flick touch, turn and shot for his own fantastic goal.

They were a good partnership for a while. Too bad about Negredos shoulder and other troubles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.