Pepe

Re: Silly season now..Pepe

Grinning away like some halfwitted imbecile after getting seng off, ghd guy is a fucking liability ans should be nowhere near us.

He has a poor disciplinary record, but the flip side to that is he has fire in his belly. I like players who play with rage. Vieira was one, but you have to try and control it.

Anyone who thinks we should not sign Pepe because of his disciplinary record is letting one negative cloud out all the positives. He's been like thi throughout his time at Real Madrid and it did not stop them winning stuff.

Expensive and old. But for 2-3 seasons you'd get a player that could see City competing in the latter stages of the Champions League and dominating domestically. That can't come soon enough for me, because there will come a time when players like Silva, Yaya and Aguero will want to move on. We don't really know what the lifetime of this team is.

Alternatives are much riskier because Pepe has been there and done it, and is at the top of the game. If you go through the elite clubs and compare central defenders, you'd have Pepe in there in the top 3 defenders

Marvin said:
He has a poor disciplinary record, but the flip side to that is he has fire in his belly. I like players who play with rage. Vieira was one, but you have to try and control it.

Anyone who thinks we should not sign Pepe because of his disciplinary record is letting one negative cloud out all the positives. He's been like thi throughout his time at Real Madrid and it did not stop them winning stuff.

Expensive and old. But for 2-3 seasons you'd get a player that could see City competing in the latter stages of the Champions League and dominating domestically. That can't come soon enough for me, because there will come a time when players like Silva, Yaya and Aguero will want to move on. We don't really know what the lifetime of this team is.

Alternatives are much riskier because Pepe has been there and done it, and is at the top of the game. If you go through the elite clubs and compare central defenders, you'd have Pepe in there in the top 3 defenders

Not a chance I'd have Pepe in the top 3 central defenders. He is a moron.

Marvin said:

His disciplinary record hasn't even been bad for a while now. This was an anomaly in recent times, like the old Pepe. The new Pepe hasn't had a red card for Real Madrid for 3 1/2 YEARS.

He was also one of the best centre-backs in Europe last season and was the best player on the pitch when Real beat Bayern 4-0. Ancelotti refused to lose Pepe when City wanted him and Ancelotti knows a good defender.

People are so heavily influenced by one event/match. Pepe is brilliant, wouldn't be my first choice but if we run into walls pursuing our main targets, he would be a great option if Real sell. Miles better than some of the second rate defenders suggested on here.

ChicagoBlue said:
Marvin said:

Not a chance I'd have Pepe in the top 3 central defenders. He is a moron.

Agreed, top 3 - what a joke!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I see the red mist came down again today and another red card!!

2 less than Vinny in the last three seasons. Looking at his career, he's obviously shit.

Honours
Club
Porto
Primeira Liga: 2005–06, 2006–07
Taça de Portugal: 2005–06
Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2004, 2006
Intercontinental Cup: 2004
Real Madrid
UEFA Champions League: 2013–14
La Liga: 2007–08, 2011–12
Copa del Rey: 2010–11, 2013–14; Runner-up 2012–13
Supercopa de España: 2008, 2012; Runner-up 2011
Individual
UEFA Euro Team of the Tournament: 2008, 2012

I would bring him to the Etihad without question.
He would be ideal for the PL and give us some steel at the back.
He has experience in spades and we would get 2 good seasons out of him.
Sign him up!

LoveCity said:
Marvin said:

His disciplinary record hasn't even been bad for a while now. This was an anomaly in recent times, like the old Pepe. The new Pepe hasn't had a red card for Real Madrid for 3 1/2 YEARS.

He was also one of the best centre-backs in Europe last season and was the best player on the pitch when Real beat Bayern 4-0. Ancelotti refused to lose Pepe when City wanted him and Ancelotti knows a good defender.

People are so heavily influenced by one event/match. Pepe is brilliant, wouldn't be my first choice but if we run into walls pursuing our main targets, he would be a great option if Real sell. Miles better than some of the second rate defenders suggested on here.
I like players llike him who have won everything but are still hungry. Those players are like gold dust

I don't think there are any real moves to sign him, but if could get my ideal back 4 he'd be in it. Thiago Silva would be first. Kompany second.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.