Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

I posted this on the Chelsea post match thread. Then I found the Tyler thread and had to copy and paste it.

Is it any wonder a lot the rags as a fan base are so deluded, listening to decades of the pissy swill this begrudging fuck nut serves up week on week, the master of delusion himself, I can’t wait to hear him choke on his own words when we beat them in a few weeks. 20 odd minutes in today and Chelsea still hadn’t seen much of the ball, and he quips “you don’t get points for passing” we don’t need points for passing, we’re 18 points clear of you’re beloved and much hyped manure, he really is a self agrandizing twat for himself and the rags, and a very very bitter one at that, 32 mins in he’s apologizing to Henry that he’s “sorry there’s been nothing to talk about so far” ok Martin, we’ve only given one of the best teams in the league over the last 15 years a lesson today in how to play football and given them a severe run around. Tyler is a bitter delusional master of begrudgery. The man boils my blood, sickening that he gets the big games even when the rags aren’t playing he still can’t see it or commentate in a non biased fashion.
At some point half way through the second half he told us Chelsea had started to even the game out...just seconds after the whole Chelsea team had stood frozen as if mesmerised , fabregas only feet away, as David Silva stood still with the ball at his feet waiting for a Chelsea player to come and challenge him

He was desperate for Chelsea to score. Absolutely disgusting how he constantly wants the other team to win. Yet again the only time he sounded excited was when Alonso had that shot right at the end. I can't stand him.

Yesterday was a new low even for him. Was looking forward to watching it when I got back from the game, to hear the plaudits after such a professional, powerful and nullifying performance. Tyler absolutely sucked the life out of it and undermined us at every opportunity.

This is more like it.

This was the commentary feed we get down in Oz. Generally quite good.

All you UK based blues should get on the blower with your Australian counterparts. With a VPN and someone's log in you can get access to every Premier League game live, with 300 games available on demand afterwards. Costs relatively nothing as well.

Glad you noticed this. When he said it i said WTF!
I think the full quote was something like ' this City team could dominate for years to come but the Premier League wont allow it to happen neither will the likes of Liverpool, Manchester United and Spurs'.
The second part felt like it was said to cover over what had slipped out in the first. I found it quite sinister.
I'm no conspiracy theorist but that's exactly how I interpreted it too. There was a quite a big gap between the first and second part as well. He knew he'd fucked up so said something like "What I mean by that is that Liverpool, United and Spurs won't allow it to happen."

He was desperate for Chelsea to score. Absolutely disgusting how he constantly wants the other team to win. Yet again the only time he sounded excited was when Alonso had that shot right at the end. I can't stand him.

To be fair, he may have wanted Chelsea to do something to prevent it being a dreadful dull match to watch. It's threatening to not even have a 4th place race this season.
The criticism was all aimed at Chelsea's approach.

Tylers disappointment was palpable when Alonso dragged his shot wide in injury time , and the Chuckle Brothers commentaries on our last three games have fairly and squarely put the blame on the inability of our opponents , it appears we are not as good as we think ,its the rest of the Premier league that are shit.

Tylers disappointment was palpable when Alonso dragged his shot wide in injury time , and the Chuckle Brothers commentaries on our last three games have fairly and squarely put the blame on the inability of our opponents , it appears we are not as good as we think ,its the rest of the Premier league that are shit.

Yeah it's like the matchday threads on any forum when a rival team is playing and scores. It's alwayd, ffs Newcastle!, Watford are shite, Huddersfield can't defend etc

It's one thing as an anonymous idiot online, it's another as a national broadcaster.

Yesterday was a new low even for him. Was looking forward to watching it when I got back from the game, to hear the plaudits after such a professional, powerful and nullifying performance. Tyler absolutely sucked the life out of it and undermined us at every opportunity.

When our true fans hear it, we know what's what. It doesn't effect us, but as others have said, the casual observer will actually listen to what he says.
My old man bless him, well into his 60's now will have had us on in the back ground or will have watched bits will have had his mind made up by the commentary. He used to be a die hard fan, I had my first season ticket at 7 & he took me till I was old enough to go on my own. He lost interest but is now a casual observer, I gaurantee when I see him, he'll say something along the lines of 'well, that wasn't much cop was it?'.

Tyler is or could be considered bias, I think he just longs for the good old days, he's one of many that thought our product was the best, no doubt he hoped Pep would fail, Pep is making the established look very very daft.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.