Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden may be the real deal - would like to see him on loan though. No way he starts often enough to prove his worth (or disprove).

Looked very promising in preseason. But needs game time to showcase his ability/to develop.

Foden may be the real deal - would like to see him on loan though. No way he starts often enough to prove his worth (or disprove).

Looked very promising in preseason. But needs game time to showcase his ability/to develop.

hes only 17. a loan would be a bad move imo. give him all the cup games this year and bring him off the bench when we are doing well.

really pleased to see his name on the teamsheet yesterday.

if we'd've managed to score a few more earlier he might've got five or ten minutes at the end.
fingers crossed he gets his chances this year, because he usually takes them.

That'll be an indicator of just how in the first team plans he is then.

Even if he is in the first team plans, he'll benefit far more from the Checkatrade game than he would the Girona friendly, Diaz and Tosin too.

What more?

Erm, not really sure what you're asking here. But I reiterate, I think it will be better for Foden to play a (semi) competitive match than it will be for him to play a friendly in which nobody will want to get injured.

Erm, not really sure what you're asking here. But I reiterate, I think it will be better for Foden to play a (semi) competitive match than it will be for him to play a friendly in which nobody will want to get injured.
Yeah, I know annd you said he will benefit 'far more' from the game against Rotherham which will probably include a weird lineup from City, not to mention the opponent and will probably have the pace and level of some sub-standard non-league game. Whilst we know our relationship with Girona so you can bet they will treat it as a great competitive game right before their season starts, but most importantly, Foden will have another chance to impress Pep under his system with his players implementing his methods.

And let's not even speak about the mental aspects of it, as after sucking him up throughouht preseason, he would just fuck Foden off to Rotherham while he has another good chance to have a close look at him, albeit it still being a friendly. But it's not like we should aim for the Checkatrade Trophy anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.