Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he is in the first team plans, he'll benefit far more from the Checkatrade game than he would the Girona friendly, Diaz and Tosin too.

Uhh, no. A game with our first team against a top division Spanish side is infinitely better than whichever hacks Rotherham put out.

We are looking for him to play well and link well with or first teamers, implement Peps tactics and game plans. Doing well against the second string Rotherham side with other u23s tells us absolutely nothing useful about if he can feature this season in the first team.

Peps been quoted today reiterating that he's in the first team and will play during the season as he rotates anyway. I'd be surprised if he's not in Girona.

I bet the lad is in dreamland.

On the bench with Yaya, Raheem and Bernardo, among others. What a way for a 17 year-old to spend his Saturday afternoon.

I bet the lad is in dreamland.
Of course he is!!!! He's got his own <<<player name>>> - 2017/18 performances thread on Blue Moon - the ultimate accolade!!!

He'll be telling his grand children about it when hes older - which part of Stockport is he from? ...might only be in 17 years time? ;-)

hes only 17. a loan would be a bad move imo. give him all the cup games this year and bring him off the bench when we are doing well.
This assumes that he wouldn't start on loan - as is, in our squad, he'll almost never start/sub-in - except if we're way up in some match that we can't possibly lose.

Regular game time for Foden is a must - I think he's talented enough to play as a regular starter in a top league (but not yet in a top team) PL/League Uh/Bundesliga/Etc. - in spite of his youth I think his talent commands a starting spot - and it's not going to happen at City.

Last edited:
He won't get too many chances this season. There are many top players who will require some playing time and they will mostly fill those sub appearances.

He won't get too many chances this season. There are many top players who will require some playing time and they will mostly fill those sub appearances.
Sounds like we will go with a senior squad of 20,or 21 including Delph, so would only need 2 players injured / suspended to get on the bench.

ben
Sounds like we will go with a senior squad of 20,or 21 including Delph, so would only need 2 players injured / suspended to get on the bench.

he'll get bench appearances but even than won't get many pitch ones. you can't really leave Bernando on the bench for ex. and send 17 years old Phil in. You can once but regularly not. Established players except to play, for Foden everything is a bonus. It's tricky one this, really. It's good he's with first team to learn from big players but then, might be better if he played some games.

dont agree. he showed he can handle himself against untied and west ham. look at silva, sterling, bernado, not exactly weight lifters are they.

Firstly that United game counts for shit, it was the first of preseason. Nobody's up to speed fitness wise. His immense class showed because of that.
Secondly, that West Ham game counts for shit, because they didn't do anything at all to pressure the lad.

Thirdly, the players you mentioned have all had several years at least playing first team football. They've had the time to adapt to it. Foden is 17. Silva was loaned out until he was 20.

He's a major talent. But we shouldn't delude ourselves into believing he's not lightweight atm. Especially if he's playing in the most physically demanding position in the most physically demanding league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.