Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks a natural , always hungry for the ball and wasnt overawed , and as Pep has saId , its up to him , the future is in his hands ive never felt so excited about a local youth/academy player since Paul Lake.

Nice to see such a young player get a chance in a squad like this and on this level. Must be an exciting prospect for England fans too.

Foden should take Yaya's position on the bench , Gundogan is the obvious replacement for Toure's position , last time i checked we were allowed seven substitutes and Foden should be amongst them not Yaya , (unless there is a possibility of a penalty shoot out , then Yaya gets my vote:)

I couldn’t agree more.

We as a club, us as fans and the people closest to him have to do what is best for Phil Foden. It’s all about building his confidence, protecting him and most importantly keeping him grounded because we saw with Michael Johnson what too much pressure too quickly can do.

He’s clearly got the talent to play right now, he’ll also be learning off Pep, Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan and Bernardo so he’s got everything there to keep improving himself. If he turns out to be 10% of what David Silva has been and still is for us we’ll have an absolute superstar on our hands but we’ve just got to let him enjoy his football first and foremost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.