Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t agree more.

We as a club, us as fans and the people closest to him have to do what is best for Phil Foden. It’s all about building his confidence, protecting him and most importantly keeping him grounded because we saw with Michael Johnson what too much pressure too quickly can do.

He’s clearly got the talent to play right now, he’ll also be learning off Pep, Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan and Bernardo so he’s got everything there to keep improving himself. If he turns out to be 10% of what David Silva has been and still is for us we’ll have an absolute superstar on our hands but we’ve just got to let him enjoy his football first and foremost.

Good point about Johnson , he had the world at his feet , that really was a waste of talent .Maybe the club learned from the Johnson situation, players are a vast investment nowadays if Foden keeps his feet on the ground and doesnt believe the hype ,he could be a massive player for our club for the next dozen years. The next Merlin ? No pressure then:)

I really hope Pep reads this thread for guidance and for the sake of this lads future, because he clearly has not the first clue as to how a very talented young footballer should be nurtured. Hopefully sense will prevail and Foden will be loaned out to a league one club, preferably one that Steve McLaren has been appointed manager of, or maybe half a season at Cardiff under Warnock would see him approaching the level of Iniesta.

I really hope Pep reads this thread for guidance and for the sake of this lads future, because he clearly has not the first clue as to how a very talented young footballer should be nurtured. Hopefully sense will prevail and Foden will be loaned out to a league one club, preferably one that Steve McLaren has been appointed manager of, or maybe half a season at Cardiff under Warnock would see him approaching the level of Iniesta.

Because Pep had no clue with Pedro, Busquets, Thiago, Bartra, Bojan, Cuenca, Tello, Montoya, Coman, Kimmich and the rest of the bunch he brought through at young ages...

Last edited:
Good debut. Tidy. Always made himself available. Quick. Drew 2 fouls and a booking from various Fayenoord players.
Not bad for 10 mins.

I understand people's worries over Foden, the early adulation, the star of the World Cup, the echoes of Michael Johnson's rise and fall still ring out, the difference here is that Foden doesn't have the pressure of being the golden boy, the great white hope all City fan's chips rest, he is surrounded by the world's best, he is protected from most of the harsh glare of the media, as they will focus on Sané, Jesus, KDB, Sterling, Aguero, etc.
Pep has probably the most hands on approach with players ( from what the players tell us) I'm sure he will ease Foden in gradually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.