PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Was that it? I was expecting much more discussions tbh.
I don’t think Jordan wanted a discussion…he just wanted to land a few headline-grabbing one-liners and disrupt Stefan’s flow with constant chuntering and deflection towards non-cooperation confirmed at CAS. There was no space for any discussion on WHY City didn’t cooperate with UEFA (targeted leaks to tame journalists etc) and the fact that CAS actually reduced the fine - but despite this Stefan got over the view that the PL have over-reached and are pissing into the wind. Despite Jordan trying to link non-cooperation as a behaviour somehow indicative of deception or deceptive tendencies, I think Stefan successfully put in context the huge magnitude of deception alleged by The PL and incredibly high hurdle of evidence necessary to prove their allegations. A clear win for Stefan imho.

Jordan is very much part of the group expressing the view "that we all know City are guilty" as their start point.

He has his own agenda and did not want to hear what Stephan had to say so constantly interrupted and tried to deflect from an expert analysis of the situation and issues.
"Image washing"

Jordan is very much part of the group expressing the view "that we all know City are guilty" as their start point.

He has his own agenda and did not want to hear what Stephan had to say so constantly interrupted and tried to deflect from an expert analysis of the situation and issues.
A very odd point from Jordan just now. He was suggesting that buying City is a way for the owners to get influence, and get into "places" where they can have influence.

I'd suggest having a fuck off enormous pile of money has given them all the influence they ever need, and City are relatively small beans.

I know from my club contacts that the media strategy was to court certain journalists who the club thought were 'opinion formers'. Serious journalists who could write using a more sophisticated medium than a crayon. So probably people like (I'm guessing) Martin Samuel, Henry Winter, Martyn Ziegler, David Conn, Rory Smith, etc. I do know Nick Harris was one of that group. I talked to him and passed on stuff I knew, which the club seemingly had no issue with (I'd have certainly known if they had).

They shared information with them, the intention being that we'd get a more sympathetic and objective hearing in the media, rather than the shite spouted by the red-tops, which we knew we couldn't influence. But even that group of journalists are driven by clicks, and objective articles about City don't generate clicks. Oli Kay, who was at The Times, told me that so I've had it first hand.

But it's no secret that we accelerated investment in the squad before the FFP door was slammed shut in our face. Then, in 2012/13, facing FFP failure, we did as much as we could to bring forward income. We sold the image rights to Fordham, we called off sponsorship revenue early. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with what we did by the way. If Etihad contracted to paying £600m over 10 years, we may have drawn down £300m in the first 3 years, say. That's not uncommon either. I seem to recall united front-loading either their Team Viewer or kit deal, so they got a big payment up-front. Nothing wrong with that. The accelerated investment is all public knowledge - Khaldoon openly said it - so Harris claiming it as a secret he'd been told as part of some inner-circle is complete nonsense.

At some point though, Harris's attitude changed dramatically. I know his wife had a brain tumour (and she died sadly about a year ago), they had two young girls and his mental heath suffered quite badly. That's a terrible thing to happen in anyone's book. But even knowing all this, the club were very puzzled about his 180 degree turn. His hatred of us is seemingly pathological.

Delaney was the same to a large degree. Up to us winning the league at Brighton in 2019 he was OK. By the time we'd beaten Watford at Wembley, just one week later, he'd turned.
I wish Delaney would turn ... in his fucking grave.

3rd time ? i think they failed two times
They will fail next season as well if still in the premier league unless they post a profit this season. Basically they are sat on -£20m & -£85m from the 2 charges so far, so the next 3 year rolling will be -£105m +/- this seasons accounts so they need a profit to avoid 3rd charge. Given they got a large chunk of the -£85m by fucking up their stadium funding so its on the ffp books rather than off, turning a small profit looks unlikely. Unless they've got some superstar academy product to sell.

Last edited:
Can anyone summarises what was said?
Shortly
1. Explained the gravity of the whole case and possible consequences if we are fund guilty. Relegation at least, but much, much worse to expect. Basically a nuclear Armageddon compared to Everton and NF cases that are pure
skirmishes between two insignificant countries (my allegory)
2. According to his own experience dealing with similar cases, he does not see how EPL can prove anything
3. Was very specific, in spite of Jordan's butting in, that not assisting or being helpful to EPL in the whole process is not some grave offence and charge - there are 35 of those I think - that many journos and pundits very often quote, but they are a normal legal strategy in complicated litigations.
4. He touched on Everton as well (if you are interested :) ) and they should not be happy what he said. Sorry Evertonians.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.