PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I don't even think Jordan is stupid enough to think there could ever be another Enron scandal, purely due to the regulations (Sarbanes-Oxley) that were brought in, to prevent something like this happening again in the future.

To think a global institution as big as CFG, would be trying their luck, is literally one of the stupidest comparisons I've ever heard, and it makes it worse coming from someone I thought was highly experienced and educated.

You just don't get level headed discussions on that show, which is why Stefan brought a breath of fresh air to it, albeit it only for half an hour.

Spot on mate. I don't follow Talk Sport, but some of their viral video content is hard to avoid. Stefan was the most credible guest I've seen and it was pretty frustrating having to listen to Jordan interject and mutter under his breath like a petulant school boy.

The media in the main got their click bait, which sadly, is par for the course with coverage of City these days. I am slightly more hopeful having heard Stefan's points about the burden of proof and setting for the hearing.

This whole episode has highlighted just how ignorant the average pundit is. No surprise that Carragher tops that list. I saw that he was suggesting City could bring the whole thing to a close sooner, rather than later, if we wanted to. Clearly missing the point that we are taking the issue extremely seriously and the complexities of the case.

I don't even think Jordan is stupid enough to think there could ever be another Enron scandal, purely due to the regulations (Sarbanes-Oxley) that were brought in, to prevent something like this happening again in the future.

To think a global institution as big as CFG, would be trying their luck, is literally one of the stupidest comparisons I've ever heard, and it makes it worse coming from someone I thought was highly experienced and educated.

You just don't get level headed discussions on that show, which is why Stefan brought a breath of fresh air to it, albeit it only for half an hour.

I think he believed it. I think it really dawned on him at the end of Stefan’s reasoning…… I think many will have finally seen it & thought wtf have we done. I think the Athletic has finally realised it & that’s why the last week there has been a shift from them.

Maybe the simple question of ‘what is different between Everton & City’s case’ has made a few realise.

Not being naive though but where does it say relegation is the outcome? I thought it was just hyperbole from other fans/media as there were 115 charges? If they condensed them in to the 5 or 6 categories of charges, would relegation ever have been mentioned?

If the verdict does go against us I strongly doubt relegation would loom
It's a witch hunt, we're being prepared for the ducking stool. There's nothing independent happening here, we'll be found guilty because the mob are baying for blood.

Not being naive though but where does it say relegation is the outcome? I thought it was just hyperbole from other fans/media as there were 115 charges? If they condensed them in to the 5 or 6 categories of charges, would relegation ever have been mentioned?

These are the powers of the commission to apply a sanction:

PL ;unishments .jpg

In theory, they can do whatever they want (see W.51.10), but I don't think they can relegate a club, other than through the normal league positions, without the agreement of the EFL. They can deduct enough points to ensure a relegation to the Championship, but they can't relegate in its own right. On the other hand, they can expel a club, then it is up to the EFL where that club is accepted back into the league structure.

Anyway, it's all hypothetical, imho. The most serious allegations against the club aren't being proven, in my eyes.

Some of the things we're being accused of amount to a lot worse than what Everton and Forest have been pulled up for, and also a lot worse than what UEFA pulled us up for in 2014. We're being accused of financial fraud, not a simple overspend in accordance with rules brought in by the football authorities. Financial fraud is a criminal offence and far more serious than breaching some football financial rules. The ramifications - if we're found guilty - could actually end up being a lot worse than relegation. As @petrusha put it so well in this thread some time ago, we shouldn't shy away from the seriousness of these allegations but at the same time we shouldn't let the seriousness of them alarm us because the more serious the allegation, the more evidence the PL will need to prove it and although none of us can be certain, it doesn't appear that the PL have much more in the way of evidence than UEFA had and we all know how that one ended at CAS.

Heard Talk sport about 05:30,amazingly the part of Stefan's interview which they played was about how the PL would have to prove fraud and perjury committed by serious business people, over a period of a decade or more.
This would be very hard to prove as the evidence is simply not there.

Just a question. If we do get found guilty and the Premier league want to relegate us would the football league have to sign up for that ?
Obviously there is an agreement for the standard relegation and promotion side of things . But could the football league say we don't want city in an of our leagues ?
I know city in the football league would be a massive draw for the likes of Parry but could they say no ?

Still not convinced Stefan doesn’t initially say objective, then again, my hearing is shit and I’ve not spoken to many well spoken types in years.
Either way, a really poor ‘power play’ from Jordan which Stefan just brushed off.
He 100% said objective which is why I think he looked confused when Jordan pulled him up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.