PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You may be very resilient, but as we stand everything City stands for is on the line. Recent history and past history. Naturally that will cause anxiety for at least some fans whether they choose to admit it or not. I am not having a laugh.
If we are guilty then we take the punishment , we have suffered far worse in the past, in saying that not for one second do I think we are and when the times comes that the PL say we are innocent, we celebrate like never before.

Also the PL charges made last year for me had a huge part to play in us winning a treble, a huge part that I think we will be made more aware of when this is over.

That's fair enough. You can't generalise how people react to situations. But, trust me. if you survived City in the 1990s, you will easily be able to survive the next couple of years until this is resolved.
I survived watching David Pleat do his little dance at Maine Road in his brown leather shoes so I think I will be ok. ☺ however, this will be impacting some City fans.

I survived watching David Pleat do his little dance at Maine Road in his brown leather shoes so I think I will be ok. ☺ however, this will be impacting some City fans.
Exactly, so man up and laugh at this utter witch hunt.

Do you think a multi billionaire is going to allow the books to be cooked of one of his smallest investments and in doing so allow his reputation and his country's to be destroyed?

As you were.....

If we are guilty then we take the punishment , we have suffered far worse in the past, in saying that not for one second do I think we are and when the times comes that the PL say we are innocent, we celebrate like never before.

Also the PL charges made last year for me had a huge part to play in us winning a treble, a huge part that I think we will be made more aware of when this is over.
Agreed. The charges certainly galvanised the club and yes, when we are cleared, there will be some big celebrations. I will be getting the maracas out for a start. Not until we are cleared though.

Been a fan since 1978. However, you may be very resilient, but as we stand everything City stands for is on the line. Recent history and past history. Naturally that will cause anxiety for at least some fans whether they choose to admit it or not.

I thought you were taking the piss out of Scousers claiming Paris brought back memories of Hillsboro…..

Agreed. The charges certainly galvanised the club and yes, when we are cleared, there will be some big celebrations. I will be getting the maracas out for a start. Not until we are cleared though.
Keep off the prozac in the meantime ;)

Reactions: Bez
I knew there had been severe punishments for Enron but just googled it and Jeffrey Skilling was sentenced to an initial 24 years custodial sentence in 2006 and was released in 2019.

If Jordan wants to accuse the Executives involved in our situation he needs to be very careful because he could be in deep shit coming out with false statements, I’m no expert but to take the stance he has surely has to put him at risk of at least a Civil action of defamation. I’d piss myself if he was ordered to cough up his last few million, wanker.
I don't even think Jordan is stupid enough to think there could ever be another Enron scandal, purely due to the regulations (Sarbanes-Oxley) that were brought in, to prevent something like this happening again in the future.

To think a global institution as big as CFG, would be trying their luck, is literally one of the stupidest comparisons I've ever heard, and it makes it worse coming from someone I thought was highly experienced and educated.

You just don't get level headed discussions on that show, which is why Stefan brought a breath of fresh air to it, albeit it only for half an hour.

He’s a serious guy with a serious reputation and gave a serious answer. Relegation is the outcome if the verdict goes against us.

He’s not there to protect or cheerlead City and his objective approach is exactly why he’s gaining so much respect and credibility over this.
Not being naive though but where does it say relegation is the outcome? I thought it was just hyperbole from other fans/media as there were 115 charges? If they condensed them in to the 5 or 6 categories of charges, would relegation ever have been mentioned?

If the verdict does go against us I strongly doubt relegation would loom

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.