PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

There are always a few rabbit holes but I trust the information on this forum more than any other football media source when it comes to City. It is required reading for most of the football media, some of whom made fools of themselves with their coverage of CAS.
No doubt snuffling around in here tonight.

The outcome of the charges won't make the slightest bit of difference to the clueless fans of other clubs.
If we are found 'guilty' we will be known as cheats.
If all charges dropped before the case is heard we have paid the PL off.
If found 'not guilty' at the case we have paid the panel off.

I think it makes a bigger impact than you’d think. The most rabid fans will believe the worst in every club that isn’t theirs, but it will hold weight amongst journalists and pundits who apart from anything else will have lawyers breathing down their neck.

And those are the people that set the tone for the general public and average fan. We all know how many people down the pub will just parrot back whatever was said on MOTD or MNF the night before.

I think most clubs can see that from the Everton case that all these FFP rules are (a) designed to stop City, and (b) going to catch any club that wants to invest in improving team or stadium, and (c) rather than stopping clubs falling into administration could make it happen, and (d) mean the American influence could be really bad news.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.