Plane crash - Chapecoense FC - Awarded Copa Sudamericana - first game back today. P25

Shows how much such a tragedy can affect some. Wouldn't be surprised if Pep leaves him out on Saturday to grieve. I'd respect that decision as there's more important things than a game in these circumstances.

He's fine. He was out last night in Fazenda with pep and jesus (Gabriel, not that Jesus)

Nothing wrong with the jet.
As I said the other day, they ran out of fuel.
I gave refresher training to the pilot plus 4 others about 3/4 years ago since when they have done their own training using our sim.
This was a planning issue + emergency of another aircraft + poor decision making by the crew.

As we say in the aircraft industry, all the holes in the Swiss cheese lined up. I don't believe this could have happened in Europe, as an inspector looking at aircraft and technical records all over the world the things I have seen in 3rd world countries would make you never fly again!

As we say in the aircraft industry, all the holes in the Swiss cheese lined up. I don't believe this could have happened in Europe, as an inspector looking at aircraft and technical records all over the world the things I have seen in 3rd world countries would make you never fly again!
Not just in the Third World. Even European and North American maintenance crews have used unapproved or even counterfeit parts. When I worked at BAe a plane came in for a full overhaul so all the parts were taken off, labelled and stored. When the time came to re-fit them, the plane's rudder had disappeared. On investigation, they found it had been fitted to another plane entirely that needed a new one when that was in contravention of all rules and processes.

But it wasn't the plane itself that was the problem in this case. It was the negligence of the pilot in flying a plane that he must have known didn't even have the minimum mandatory fuel reserves for the flight he was undertaking. The range of the RJ85 is about 1600nm and the flight from Santa Cruz in Bolivia to Medellin was about that distance. He was supposed to stop and refuel but took a chance, which left him at risk even if everything went his way and with no room for manoeuvre if anything at all went wrong.

Almost 30 years in the industry. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Bluemoon experts called this way ahead of others. Well done guys. But I cannot get my head around this. So obvious yet still happened. Tragic.

I'm currently travelling around the world and I get a bit nervous when I'm on laos airlines or Vietnam air planes. I get on a Thai airline plane and I'm fine.

Almost 30 years in the industry. Nothing surprises me anymore.
Just curious how the industry works,I assume you pay to land at an airport ,then can fuel prices vary from airport to airport,is their completion amongst fuel firms at each airport ?
Is there any other fees involved in landing at an airport.
Does it cost a lot more to stop off as opposed to going direct .
Just intrested how it all works

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.