Plane crash - Chapecoense FC - Awarded Copa Sudamericana - first game back today. P25

Very sad news.

Unfortunately there's a local connection. The aircraft was an Avro RJ85 manufactured at Woodford in 1999.

And this is why i have never set foot on a plane and never will,people keep saying there safe but they keep going down,R.I.P.to those that did not make it.
Hope you don't walk on a pavement, cross a road or get in a car. Higher chance of dying doing any of those thing.

The complete list of survivors so far, according to Colombian networks Caracoltv and Telemedellín:

Defender Alan Ruschel, transferred to the San Vicente de Paúl hospital in Rionegro;

Goalkeeper Marcos Danilo;

Flight attendant Jimena Suárez;

Goalkeeper Jakson Follman;

Journalist Rafael Henzel.

8 of their players didn't fly, presumably because they weren't going to feature in the game. The club is comparable to Swansea circa 2013 by the sounds of it - they'd rapidly risen up from the 4th division in Brazil, got plaudits for how they were run on and off the pitch and had just reached the South American equivalent of the Europa League final, which would have been the highlight of their club's history win or lose.

Absolutely tragic, it's hard to even imagine how I'd feel if the same sort of thing happened to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.