Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Can't believe some of the comments on here. Milner's a pro and always did his best for us. Makes me laugh when people call players out for running their contract down. Even if he did leave for the money (personally I think he just wanted to test himself elsewhere and also had an inkling of who we were bringing in), why should he sign a new contract in order for the richest club in the world to command a transfer fee at his own expense!? Players get slagged off for demanding a move having signed a long term contract and then they slagged off for seeing out their contract in a professional manner.

I think it was massively short-sighted of him to believe Liverpool could promise him a central midfield slot but I think that's why he did it. And even if he isn't playing where he wants to I'm sure he's still glad he made the move as he'd be getting jack shit game time with us this season which is no good to him at this stage of his career.

I see comments when we're in for players like "well nobody's gonna pay them as much as us". Are they mercenaries too?

I'm as happy as anyone to see Liverpool struggling but I really dont get the bad feeling towards a player that did a really decent job for us through the years.
I think this is spot on. James knew he would get less playing time with us, he was realistic about his place in our pecking order. He left to play more football. Khaldoun spoke really nicely about him in his post season interview so our heiarchy are certainly not feeling he 'did us'. I am grateful for the contribution he made while he was here and genuinely wish him well in everything he does (except in games against us).

Not as much as he made with his multi-million pound signing on fee with Liverpool. Very shrewd chap is Mr Milner.
All tax free as it goes through his PLC to avoid having to pay it. Proper Yarkshire man.

I'm with Stony on this one. Loved having him here and always thought he deserved his squad place but the minute he went was the minute I stopped caring.

I think it was massively short-sighted of him to believe Liverpool could promise him a central midfield slot but I think that's why he did it. And even if he isn't playing where he wants to I'm sure he's still glad he made the move as he'd be getting jack shit game time with us this season which is no good to him at this stage of his career.

Rodgers could and did promise Milner a CM spot. Milner was the first team on the spot. Milner is paid the same as Sturridge and more than Henderson and Coutinho. And he walked into the Vice Captaincy. Come on Rodgers, Milner is a nice guy and I'm not saying he's shit, but this was MILNER we were getting, not f*cking Pogba.

Surprised how much venom is in this thread regarding James Milner. I mean he worked his arse off to get where he is, he was never the most talented bloke in the world but I thought the likes of him and Barry done pretty decent at City.

Did he make some comments when he left? Is it the lack of fee you're bothered about? He looks bang average at Liverpool so no real loss there.

Surprised how much venom is in this thread regarding James Milner. I mean he worked his arse off to get where he is, he was never the most talented bloke in the world but I thought the likes of him and Barry done pretty decent at City.

Did he make some comments when he left? Is it the lack of fee you're bothered about? He looks bang average at Liverpool so no real loss there.

not about that..nobody complains about his on-the-pitch-work it's about the manner he left the club that people are pissed off

Barry twice the player Milner was.

However he left us, whatever his words or actions, he would have been vilified. If he had been 'honest' and mentioned the money, the same posters who defend Sterling would have lambasted Milner. It's how football supporters work on the whole.

Personally, I've left jobs in worse circumstances and so will a lot on here. He kept his head down for majority of it, played for the years he committed to us, did his best and played a part in 5 great years for the club. He had his reasons for leaving, he isn't obliged to inform us of all of them and he left in a much more professional and dignified way than tossers like Tevez and Barton did.

He made his decision, he worked hard for us and it's a thank you and a clap from me. It should really be that way considering some of the pricks we've had through our club who are fondly looked upon.

not about that..nobody complains about his on-the-pitch-work it's about the manner he left the club that people are pissed off
He left the club by applauding the stadium to say bye in his final game and even Khaldoun was complimentary about him after he left so the club were hardly arsed about getting a fee for him, just like they weren't about others (they let de Jong go for £4m when he'd just been Holland's best player in the Euros, we could have got a hell of a lot more).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.