Player Topic: Aleks Kolarov 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but, when on form, he's a YouTube left back. The rest of the time it's like having 10 players on the pitch. It doesn't let him off that he puts in some good crosses every now and then, attacking full backs still need to be able to defend. The problem is that, when not on form offensively, he offers absolutely nothing to the team and he always takes five touches to do what a top top quality left back can do in two.

Still, I'll remember him fondly when he leaves and he was by no means the main factor in our hammering yesterday.

Spot on. Also, for someone who looks like a hard nut, he tackles like a pansy.

It baffles me how Kolarov can divide opinion so much. I don't care how much people bang on about "modern fullback" and how they need to be able to attack as well as defend. A defender should first and foremost be able to DEFEND. His pace when it comes to tracking back is subpar, his defensive acumen is severely lacking and his awareness is poor.

When you look at his supposed positive game - attacking; people seem to be blinded by his hammer of a left foot and the odd free kick that he blindly fizzes toward goal and it happens to go in. Some think he can run at defenders, when in fact the majority of the time it's drag back and pass inside. When he does get into a crossing position, more through luck than judgement - (as others have pointed out) it's one mode: smack it as hard as he can across goal.

When you compare his crossing to De Bruyne's you see someone who wins corners thanks to not beating the first man, and someone who lifts his head up and can pick out a man in the box.

All players can have a good game or a purple patch - I mean even Laurent Fucking Charvet scored a goal for us - Kolarov seems to have one and it's a get out of Jail free for the next 10 wank performances. There HAS got to be a decent left back out there somewhere... Does Laurent Charvet have any lads playing football?

I'm thoroughly impressed with the Aleks hatred on here. Sagna and Mangala made horrific mistakes on Liverpool's first three goals, Kola was not even primary culprit for their fourth, and *still* Kolarov manages to get several pages of abuse.

How many times has the opposite happened, that when Kolarov has made a mistake for even one goal, that Sagna or Mangala get the same amount of blame? Never, that's when.

I've said it before ad I'll say it again, Kolarov is a great left back and we are lucky to have him.

Last edited:
It baffles me how Kolarov can divide opinion so much. I don't care how much people bang on about "modern fullback" and how they need to be able to attack as well as defend. A defender should first and foremost be able to DEFEND. His pace when it comes to tracking back is subpar, his defensive acumen is severely lacking and his awareness is poor.

When you look at his supposed positive game - attacking; people seem to be blinded by his hammer of a left foot and the odd free kick that he blindly fizzes toward goal and it happens to go in. Some think he can run at defenders, when in fact the majority of the time it's drag back and pass inside. When he does get into a crossing position, more through luck than judgement - (as others have pointed out) it's one mode: smack it as hard as he can across goal.

When you compare his crossing to De Bruyne's you see someone who wins corners thanks to not beating the first man, and someone who lifts his head up and can pick out a man in the box.

All players can have a good game or a purple patch - I mean even Laurent Fucking Charvet scored a goal for us - Kolarov seems to have one and it's a get out of Jail free for the next 10 wank performances. There HAS got to be a decent left back out there somewhere... Does Laurent Charvet have any lads playing football?
This x10. Yes he sticks in a decent cross every now & then but most LB's can do that given the number of chances we create, and yes he's good from free kicks but we now have KdB who is also just as good in that department - but he cannot for the life of him defend.

As for decent left backs out there just look at someone like Ricardo Rodriguez if we wanted to maintain the attacking threat, just as capable at set pieces & crossing yet can defend better & is only 23.

I'm thoroughly impressed with the Aleks hatred on here. Sagna and Mangala made horrific mistakes on Liverpool's first three goals, Kola was not even primary culprit for their fourth, and *still* Kolarov manages to get several pages of abuse.

How many times has the opposite happened, that when Kolarov has made a mistake for even one goal, that Sagna or Mangala get the same amount of blame? Never, that's when.

I've said it before ad I'll say it again, Kolarov is a great left back and we are lucky to have him.

Kolarov wasn't solely at fault for the Liverpool debacle, it's just a continuing trend of him being generally incompetent at defending AND underwhelming in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.