Player topic: David Silva (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: David 'Merlin' Silva appreciation thread

I thought Silva was absolutely sensational in the second half. The ten minutes after Fernandinho went off he was just unplayable.

Shaelumstash said:
I thought Silva was absolutely sensational in the second half. The ten minutes after Fernandinho went off he was just unplayable.

It was also noticeable that after Silva went off we struggled to keep hold of the ball and put ourselves under unnecessary pressure until the 4th goal went in. I think the defensive importance of his ability to drift into space is sometimes overlooked.

I've had a season ticket since 1976 and he's the best I've seen in a blue shirt,if he could add more goals he'd be a complete player..

Otra fantástica actuación

By the time he has finished his new 5 yr deal, he could be considered the best player ever to put on a City shirt. And, there is a strong argument he may have done enough for that already.

I've not read all the other pages but for me, in his position he's not just the best player we've seen at City but he's the best player in the world.

Once again he changed the game yesterday. Slowly but surely the only decent david silva song is gaining momentum. Can't be long now until the etihad catches on.

More assists yesterday and as every game goes by his contribution to the club's rise gets greater. Yes, he has great players around him but he makes them tick. For me he is right up there with anyone else named as our greatest.
Cant put the flag up at the ground anymore (although got a mini electronic version last Wednesday) so i'll take the chance to put it on here again
david.jpg

merlin has set such a high standard over the last couple of seasons , i actually dont think hes having a great season so far , hes had spells in games , but hes not had his usual influence. There is more to come from el magico , hes at the peak of his career at 28 , once he gets into his stride, he will be unstoppable , never thought i would see a better player than colin bell , but silva is probably that player for me , and i couldnt give him any higher praise than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.