Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, agree with all of that. Silva was unquestionably negligent defensively at times this season, although not, in my eyes anyway, as much as Toure was. What was noticeable though was subsequent to that embarrassment at the Swamp, Silva put in much more of a shift, and ironically I thought that perhaps that enhanced tenacity contributed to an elevated attacking performance level as well from the wee man. He was already my Player of the Season prior to the last 6 or 7 games, but some of the stuff he produced against Swansea, QPR and Spurs was superb even by his standards

Absolutely. I would agree with all of that. Would love to know what was said between the players and coaching staff post United.

Yup, agree with all of that. Silva was unquestionably negligent defensively at times this season, although not, in my eyes anyway, as much as Toure was. What was noticeable though was subsequent to that embarrassment at the Swamp, Silva put in much more of a shift, and ironically I thought that perhaps that enhanced tenacity contributed to an elevated attacking performance level as well from the wee man. He was already my Player of the Season prior to the last 6 or 7 games, but some of the stuff he produced against Swansea, QPR and Spurs was superb even by his standards

I mostly agree but even vs Swansea, Silva was a major culprit on one of their goals.

When Silva plays on the left, which I am quite happy for him to do, he drifts all over the place; which I am also happy for him to do but it inevitably means that his full back often becomes exposed when play breaks down, because Dave can't immediately get back into formation. The solution to that, to my mind, is the midfielders behind him moving across to cover until he gets back to the left. Mind you, if Dave is over the other side of the pitch, perhaps he should drop straight back whilst others move over, a bit like solving a Rubik's cube!

.......Fernandinho.........
..Pogba..........Toure....
Silva...............Sterling/De Bruyne
...........Aguero...........

Now that's a team. Delighted if he stays. In a central 3, we'll see him return to his very best. I agree, I believe he's been told of our summer plans. With Toure staying. I see likely leavers as Jivetic, Dzeko & Nasri being the big names.

This is how I'd like to see us set up next season. I thought last year when we bought Fernando it would allow us to set up in a 433 as it would suit our midfield players. It didn't happen though, for whatever reason. I think it's clear Yaya is more comfortable when playing with an extra man in the middle, that's how you will get the best out of him. I hope the reports of Song signing are true, as although he is not a world beater, he's a significant upgrade on Fernando to play as the defensive midfielder in a 433.

Nasri is capable of playing as a winger or centrally in a 433, if he stays. Silva is more than capable of playing as one of the wingers in that shape, as he has shown for Spain. But in Europe I think he's more than capable to play as one of the midfielders. He's a similar size and has similar technical qualities to Xavi and Iniesta, and their size never held them back in Europe from playing in midfield. He played there late on in some games this season, Hull away for example, and he was absolutely superb.

I wouldn't throw him in there against Stoke away, but in Europe against a decent side where we need to match them for quality and ball retention in the middle, I think he's capable. That would also allow us to play two speedy wingers, maybe De Bruyne and Sterling either side of Aguero. That would provide us with a team more set up to do well in the Champions League. It would give us the extra midfielder we have so often lacked, allow us to be more difficult to break down, keep the ball better, and could have a huge threat from counter attacks, which has been a real weakness in our set up for the last few years.

This is so far off the mark. Lazy thinking and the undeniable influence of rag infused gutter journalism upon a small and lazy mind. Sorry.

The truth is far more nuanced. Yaya has not been happy this season. That is beyond doubt.

But His problem has not been money or boredom or laziness as many knuckle heads assume but a lack of validation. Simple as.

YaYa is one of the most complete midfielders the world has ever seen. All it took was a word from the man at top to this effect and he's back on board.

A spent force? Ha - he's as important to us as Terry is to Chavs or Gerrard is to bin dippers. Watch this space.

Cogently Expressed :)
Thank God for forthright postpinion. Kudos to you.

Not bad. The only question I'd have is whether Fernandinho is capable of playing the holding midfield role because I don't see him as defensively sound enough and if not, whether Fernando is good enough to play there against the very best.

It's a hell of a lineup but I don't think he would be. I think the 2 back, 1 forward is perhaps slightly better.

Pogba ... Dinho
...... Yaya.......

Please can we stop posting these midfield combinations of Yaya, Pogba and Fernandinho. My little pecker can only get so erect and it's restricting the blood flow to my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.