Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been City's greatest player since the takeover. While the love first for Kompany, Silva, Kun and Zab is all well and good. Yaya has played the equivalent of almost a season more of games than Kun or Komps, about 3/4 of a season more than Dave and Pablo. And this is the guy who leaves for a month every other year to go play for his country. He is there day in day out. Plays every game, almost never injured. Scored important goals season after season. But yet the hate comes in droves.

+1
and no one mentions that he is playing hurt right now... his leg is heavily wrapped... the few times he gets substituted he goes to the back to get treatment... i've chosen to only argue with those that actually recognize what he does for the team or actually have solid arguments about Yaya's shortcomings rather than the ones just regurgitating the shit they are fed by the same pundits they loathe or the people that watch him with hate tainted glasses wrapped around convoluted arguments... there is just no winning... as the saying goes: "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

I'm tired of listening to this bullshit. Yaya can play as long as he wants. For someone who has won so much for the club, guy gets so much grief. Enough already. Fuk, guy pulled a rabbit out of nothing and all folks wanna talk about is his lumbering back after losing a ball.

Christ!!!

+1

That goal has saved him a good 40-50 pages of abuse on here tonight. The goal was incredible and yet again he's go us out of trouble but it's reaching a stage now where he almost has to do something like that every game to justify him being on the pitch. He was awful for the first 70 minutes and left Fernandinho on his own every time Watford picked up the ball in the middle of the pitch. I don't believe he's finished or will go in the summer though. Unfortunately, I think his legs have gone, i've seen him attempt one of his trademark runs a few times this season now and he's been caught quite easily on every occasion so i think that side of his game has disappeared and with that, his no. 10 role should disappear too but he's still a superb footballer of the highest quality. Pep just needs to refine his role in the summer. If he does, there's still plenty more to come from Yaya in a City shirt. Hopefully Yaya's apparent ego will allow it to happen.

Think he has all the attributes to play as a deep midfielder in the mold of a xabi alonso or Pirlo but you have to change your formation to a 433. Toure looks finished in a 2 man midfield pairing.

The problem is he does not like that position really, he is always itching to move up the field. When he is holding his nature to bomb on sometimes leaves us in the shit at the back.

@Dax777 i was very impressed with his stats considering the impression he often gives. It is easy to forget it is seemingly an act.
I even fell for it, when he used to get up slow with a pained face barely seemingly able to jog away then BOOM hehe.

I'd disagree that his stamina is the problem. His telling contributions are coming in the last ten minutes of the game. That's pretty much always been the case with him. People just expect him to do everything all the time just because he is such an all rounder. He was throwing himself into plenty of tackles today when we didn't have the ball and doing everything to get on it when we had the ball.

If stamina is not the issue, then why are Yaya's "telling contributions" limited to a 10-15 minute spell at the end of a game?

To be able to turn it on and be so effective, so consistently, for those short spells in games proves it's not a problem technically. So he's either physically incapable of producing the same level of performance for the other 75-80 minutes or it's a mental issue. I used to think it was sheer laziness or lack of commitment to City but now I just think it's more a case of Yaya himself knowing his own physical limitations (lack of stamina) and trying to conserve energy for those larger spells in games.

He has been City's greatest player since the takeover. While the love first for Kompany, Silva, Kun and Zab is all well and good. Yaya has played the equivalent of almost a season more of games than Kun or Komps, about 3/4 of a season more than Dave and Pablo. And this is the guy who leaves for a month every other year to go play for his country. He is there day in day out. Plays every game, almost never injured. Scored important goals season after season. But yet the hate comes in droves.
spot on and one cake comment and he gets hate , whereas Kompany can screw our season and its ignored and tevez still got love despite multiple strikes, trips overseas and a few transfer requests as well as cheering against him on Tv. But it's fair to say African footballers rarely get love

spot on and one cake comment and he gets hate , whereas Kompany can screw our season and its ignored and tevez still got love despite multiple strikes, trips overseas and a few transfer requests as well as cheering against him on Tv. But it's fair to say African footballers rarely get love

Don't you fucking dare try and turn this into a racism issue you fucking scumbag ****, the **** who did that last time got banned and you will too. Bye bye.

If stamina is not the issue, then why are Yaya's "telling contributions" limited to a 10-15 minute spell at the end of a game?

To be able to turn it on and be so effective, so consistently, for those short spells in games proves it's not a problem technically. So he's either physically incapable of producing the same level of performance for the other 75-80 minutes or it's a mental issue. I used to think it was sheer laziness or lack of commitment to City but now I just think it's more a case of Yaya himself knowing his own physical limitations (lack of stamina) and trying to conserve energy for those larger spells in games.
He is getting the ball and passing, tackling, winning headers and all for the whole game. It's is only in that 10-15 minutes he is head and shoulders over everyone else on the pitch. Being a decent involved footballer is being a very good footballer which is what he is for the other 75 minutes . To say he is a passenger ignores facts. If he could play for 90 minutes like he does for those 10-15 Messi wouldn't have had a look in for a ballon D'or

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.