Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The goal was sublime,a moment of genius,unfortunately his prior contribution was much less

African footballers rarely get love?? What a load of bollocks

He has been City's greatest player since the takeover. While the love first for Kompany, Silva, Kun and Zab is all well and good. Yaya has played the equivalent of almost a season more of games than Kun or Komps, about 3/4 of a season more than Dave and Pablo. And this is the guy who leaves for a month every other year to go play for his country. He is there day in day out. Plays every game, almost never injured. Scored important goals season after season. But yet the hate comes in droves.

I used to always think he was the one player Utd or anyone else couldn't get a replica of, which meant that when Utd signed anyone I would say to myself "well they've not got a yaya, so still shite", this season he has been pretty good, and I agree- sometimes alone, he's pulled us out of a few bad situations this season. He's still a city great for me

Don't you fucking dare try and turn this into a racism issue you fucking scumbag ****, the **** who did that last time got banned and you will too. Bye bye.
Not a racism issue - I've not heard any direct racism it's a way of playing that sits with continents and lazily creates stereotypes in people's minds. African footballers are lazy and mercenaries ,Brazilians are prima donnas etc

There has to be something to it. If you compare Yaya to tevez he has done 10x more for us, his cake crime was about 1% of what tevez did to us as a club but because tevez made things look hard instead of being as good as Yaya is he has never been given the credit and love he deserved.

What is the other reason that our best player ever and in terms of games, minutes , miles run , passes our hardest working player . The player who has won us leagues, cups, destroyed United and scored some of the greatest goals we will ever see gets treated so poorly by his own fans. It can't be about effort, quality, impact, skill etc

I don't think we'd have won what we have in recent years without him. He's a world class player and pulled us out of the shit many times. We're incredibly lucky to have him and we should enjoy his skills while we have the chance.

Very well said,its too early for me to get so angry.

You may not be quite such an angry man, I haven't accused anyone of racism and I am surprised that it would be taken as such. It's a fact eto'o , Toure, weah etc have never been much loved ,

I don't think it's racism and didn't say it was because it's not a colour issue or origin issue as many of our heroes have been of other races but there is a cultural issue of how African footballers are portrayed, Yaya would be the first to say it too ,look at his own interview about Bony and some of his other CDI team mates who he has raised this very issue about.

things are never so simple .....

Football is about opinions, I certainly don't think any true City fan hates any City player. Yaya hasn't changed his style since he has been at City, however different managers have played him in different positions and in different formations. He has never been a player to bust a gut when tracking back, the same as David Silva in that regard, but what he has got is sublime skill to pull us out of the mire, he has done this on numerous occasions, FA Cup Semi Final, FA Cup Final, Newcastle away, Capital One Cup Final to name but a few. We have to live with him not tracking back if we want what he gives us going forward, at 32 we might get one or two more seasons maximum. In the mean time we need to find a replacement and there is only one, of similar style, and he will cost upwards of £60 million. Yaya is and will always be a City great, make no mistake. Enjoy him while you can because when he is gone he will be very hard to replace like for like.

Don't you fucking dare try and turn this into a racism issue you fucking scumbag ****, the **** who did that last time got banned and you will too. Bye bye.
Calm down , think and read and don't attribute things to yourself that no one else has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.