Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the memories Yaya, you've been immense at times but we cannot afford to carry him in the big games, there's the door, goodbye

Thanks for the memories Yaya, you've been immense at times but we cannot afford to carry him in the big games, there's the door, goodbye

You get fans complaining about players having no loyalty but then get comments like this. Pretty pathetic in my opinion. Yaya has been more important to our current success than any other player and up until last season he was our best player as well, before Silva took the mantle.

Yaya can still do a great job for us if used correctly. He's doesn't have to play every game and if managed correctly we can get a lot out of him, especially against weaker opposition.

Most players his ages aren't what they once were but we've seen older pros doing really well with the correct management approach.

You get fans complaining about players having no loyalty but then get comments like this. Pretty pathetic in my opinion. Yaya has been more important to our current success than any other player and up until last season he was our best player as well, before Silva took the mantle.

Yaya can still do a great job for us if used correctly. He's doesn't have to play every game and if managed correctly we can get a lot out of him, especially against weaker opposition.

Most players his ages aren't what they once were but we've seen older pros doing really well with the correct management approach.

Theres no room for sentiment. The manager has bent over backwards to "use Yaya correctly" at the expense of other players and he still isn't putting in the performances. It's time to accept he is no longer the player he was and we certainly shouldn't keep him around when he's on over £200k a week just cos he was a great player for us.

Theres no room for sentiment. The manager has bent over backwards to "use Yaya correctly" at the expense of other players and he still isn't putting in the performances. It's time to accept he is no longer the player he was and we certainly shouldn't keep him around when he's on over £200k a week just cos he was a great player for us.

No he hasn't. He's playing nearly every single game. He isn't the player he was, just like Lampard, Scholes and Gerrard weren't the players they were at that age. Believe it or not, Silva won't be as good when he's nearly 33, but that doesn't mean he should be thrown out of the club.

Yaya should be playing once a week, and as part of a three in the bigger games until we get a player of high quality to take that position.

Personally. I just hope that when he throws his yearly end of/pre season strop, we don't pander to him.
He is nowhere near the player of past seasons, yet is still moaning about the recognition he gets.
i think he needs to knuckle down and worry about getting his game together.

Personally. I just hope that when he throws his yearly end of/pre season strop, we don't pander to him.
He is nowhere near the player of past seasons, yet is still moaning about the recognition he gets.
i think he needs to knuckle down and worry about getting his game together.

The reason he isn't as good isn't because 'his game isn't together'. It's because he's nearly 33. I don't think that ageing should be held against him.

The reason he isn't as good isn't because 'his game isn't together'. It's because he's nearly 33. I don't think that ageing should be held against him.

It isn't being held against him. Everyone recognises what a huge role he played in our rise to the top. But if his age means he is no longer able to play in our team then I'm afraid it's tough shit. Thank him for what he has done for us, sell him on and buy a younger replacement. That's how professional sport works.

It isn't being held against him. Everyone recognises what a huge role he played in our rise to the top. But if his age means he is no longer able to play in our team then I'm afraid it's tough shit. Thank him for what he has done for us, sell him on and buy a younger replacement. That's how professional sport works.

But he's still better than a majority of the players we have. You sell the worse players first.

Yaya would do a good job with managed game time, especially against lower sides where he still controls the game.

Well if as you say it's his age, then surely time to get someone in who can do the job.
Because he certainly isn't at the moment. I personally think he IS lazy and is great when
everything is going our way and the game is easy. His work ethic is appalling.

No he hasn't. He's playing nearly every single game. He isn't the player he was, just like Lampard, Scholes and Gerrard weren't the players they were at that age. Believe it or not, Silva won't be as good when he's nearly 33, but that doesn't mean he should be thrown out of the club.

Yaya should be playing once a week, and as part of a three in the bigger games until we get a player of high quality to take that position.

To the best of my knowledge, Silva and his agent have never bad-mouthed the club in public. Nor does he show a petulant attitude. We owe Yaya nothing. To see how we treat real heroes, think Summerbee, Bell and Book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.