Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And despite all this he completes yet another 90 minutes. He literally could kick the ball in our own net and Pellegrini wouldn't dare sub him off the pitch incase he throws one of his tantrums.
Pellegrini either doesn't have the bottle, doesn't have the respect of the players or doesn't think he should drop him. Either of those 3 is dangerous and precisely why we need a world-class manager. We've lost so many points simply due to poor team selection and a refusal to substitute big-name players.

yaya has been brilliant for the club , he gave up a cushy number at barca to help come and drag our club out of mediocrity , and we should be thankful for what he has helped us achieve , but he is now too old for the cut and thrust of the premiership .The problem is , he has an ego as big as a bus , and his agent is a shit stirring c*nt ,so to drop him to the bench i think will cause problems in the squad . MP does need to be strong and drop him , he is still useful from the bench for the last 20-30 minutes , it all depends how Yaya reacts to it , but he hasnt got 90 minutes in his legs anymore

Legs have gone, and he's also lost some of the strength he once had. Not only can he not run away from players any more, but he can't shield the ball as well as previous years. When he had it, he used to hold off players at arms length with nonchalant ease. Those days are gone, and so should the days of Yaya being an 'untouchable'. But that doesn't seem likely to happen until next year for some strange reason.

He was fucking awful today, can't believe he played the 90.

Probably the worst I've seen him play at home.

Legs have gone, and he's also lost some of the strength he once had. Not only can he not run away from players any more, but he can't shield the ball as well as previous years. When he had it, he used to hold off players at arms length with nonchalant ease. Those days are gone, and so should the days of Yaya being an 'untouchable'. But that doesn't seem likely to happen until next year for some strange reason.
Yea agree with that, the point about him being unable to hold people off in particular. He was trying it today when challenged he struggled to keep hold of it. His long shots were poor. Watching him take free kicks when you've got de bruyne and Kolarov on the pitch, or shoot from 25 yards multiple times feebly straight at the keeper reminded me of the cocky kid in the playground who's shit but insists on taking all free kicks and penalties cos he thinks he's great. Looked ragged. At least he tried I suppose. He might have a couple of decent moments before the end of the season but he shouldn't be playing the amount of minutes he has been of late

Don't disagree with a lot that has been said but the block for the cross was a lesson for defenders that you don't need to dive into cut out a cross.

He isn't sharp enough, he holds onto the ball for to long. He at times treats it like he's having a kick about with some school cildren, no real intent on urgency he's become to casual.

He shouldn't be made a scapegoat.

He is losing the ball more than he ever has tho. I'm no longer comfortable when he is in possession. Is it form or age? probably a bit of both.

But he is still the only one in CM who can see certain passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.