Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People rag on Yaya b/c of lack of football knowledge and his role on the team. Even when he was in his prime, people ragged on him because they just didn't understand his true value (hint those runs from deep was not his important value to the side).

I didn't think he had his best game, but far from the poorest on the field. I would be curious those who thought he had poor game thought of Aguero's performance?
Neither of them played well.

Evidently my football knowledge is crap as I don't fancy him in our team either, but here's my reasons:
1) Yaya in 2 man midfield = great in matches we dominate, disaster in tough matches.
2) Yaya in 3 man midfield = less disastrous defensively, but shoves our best players (currently KdB, & soon to be Silva back) out of position to accommodate him. Whilst simultaneously forcing us to drop an attacking player (one of Sterling/KdB/Navas).
3) Delph/Dinho are in better form, and will provide more cover for our defence in a 2 than Yaya.
4) We went on an 11 game winning run in PL playing 4231; suggests to me it's by far our suited formation (2 CM's).

People rag on Yaya b/c of lack of football knowledge and his role on the team. Even when he was in his prime, people ragged on him because they just didn't understand his true value (hint those runs from deep was not his important value to the side).

I didn't think he had his best game, but far from the poorest on the field. I would be curious those who thought he had poor game thought of Aguero's performance?

Lack of football knowledge? Yours is summed up by your last sentence. The guy's recovering from injury if you didn't realise.

Evidently my football knowledge is crap as I don't fancy him in our team either, but here's my reasons:
1) Yaya in 2 man midfield = great in matches we dominate, disaster in tough matches.
2) Yaya in 3 man midfield = less disastrous defensively, but shoves our best players (currently KdB, & soon to be Silva back) out of position to accommodate him. Whilst simultaneously forcing us to drop an attacking player (one of Sterling/KdB/Navas).
3) Delph/Dinho are in better form, and will provide more cover for our defence in a 2 than Yaya.
4) We went on an 11 game winning run in PL playing 4231; suggests to me it's by far our suited formation (2 CM's).
Nail on fucking head at last. Well done pal totally agree.

Who's this bombing forwards in the 88th min?
That is exactly why people are frustrated with him, have you got the 20-30 videos of him ambling about when we don't have the ball ?

I really don't think he's fit enough, he looks overweight, but he looks injured. He's always had the languid look, but he's taken it to another level in the last 3 or 4 games, after a good start to the season.

Its not that he isn't trying, as your clip shows, he just isn't fit enough, whether its just his legs have gone, or that he's carrying an injury.

If all his players are fit, Pellegrini will play 2 man CM. The reason for this is he wants to dominate the game and he has attacking philosophy. He also believes dominating possession is the best form of defense. Having Toure part of 2 man CM is utilizing one of the best deep play making CM in football. This also perfectly complements a player like Silva because it allows him space and interlinks beautifully with Toure to generate so many scoring opportunities. The idea of playing two defensive CM players is counter to attacking football, and you only need to look at the 2nd half of liverpool game to see what type of football you can expect.

The downside to dominating possession and throwing many bodies forward is it opens you up to counter attacking / direct football. People confuse this defensive frailty with the 2 man CM and Toure's lack of "tracking back". Toure's man defensive responsibility is not to track back but rather not lose possession, and limit the number of possessions opposition has (which he does fine). The main defensive problems has being lack of defensive spine in the CB position. Kompany injuries have not helped and has his replacements have been subpar despite spending £90M in the transfer market. If you have solid

If all his players are fit, Pellegrini will play 2 man CM. The reason for this is he wants to dominate the game and he has attacking philosophy. He also believes dominating possession is the best form of defense. Having Toure part of 2 man CM is utilizing one of the best deep play making CM in football. This also perfectly complements a player like Silva because it allows him space and interlinks beautifully with Toure to generate so many scoring opportunities. The idea of playing two defensive CM players is counter to attacking football, and you only need to look at the 2nd half of liverpool game to see what type of football you can expect.

The downside to dominating possession and throwing many bodies forward is it opens you up to counter attacking / direct football. People confuse this defensive frailty with the 2 man CM and Toure's lack of "tracking back". Toure's man defensive responsibility is not to track back but rather not lose possession, and limit the number of possessions opposition has (which he does fine). The main defensive problems has being lack of defensive spine in the CB position. Kompany injuries have not helped and has his replacements have been subpar despite spending £90M in the transfer market. If you have solid
The 2nd half of the Liverpool game we played a 3 man midfield, doesn't represent what I'm suggesting at all. Also are you suggesting Delph/Dinho are pure defensive midfielders? You could make that argument for Fernando, but these 2 are totally different players.

If we want to use that game as an example I could quite simply point to the first half as exactly the reason we shouldn't play Yaya in a 2 man midfield in tough matches.

I agree with you that Toure can be one of the best deep lying playmakers & that he works well with Silva, but IMO this only becomes an asset in matches where we're dominant - and this is exactly the position & match I'd use him in; 2 man midfield against the lesser teams.
The problem is the benefits of this are heavily outweighed by the negatives when we play anyone of decent quality.

Who's this bombing forwards in the 88th min?

You call that bombing forward? You can clearly see he has ran out of gas and is struggling with every step. There is no way he should be playing the full 90 anymore. I'd have no problem him coming off the bench for the last 20 minutes but there's no way Yaya's ego would accept that. In his head he's the best player in the world.

You call that bombing forward? You can clearly see he has ran out of gas and is struggling with every step. There is no way he should be playing the full 90 anymore. I'd have no problem him coming off the bench for the last 20 minutes but there's no way Yaya's ego would accept that. In his head he's the best player in the world.

Police..

In his head he's the best player in the world..
Don't you wish all our players had that in their head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.