Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying Kompany and Tevez get no abuse despite poor performances but Yaya does (or should I say "gets no love") because he's African, is a pretty strong statement. Please feel free to tell me how else that can be interpreted.
It is a strong statement I agree, a very strong statement - I won't deny that . It is though a statement not aimed at you or about the colour of his skin.

I deeply believe that for some inexplicable reason Yaya has never got the credit in the game amongst the media, other fans or even our own fans that he deserves.

It can't be effort the stats prove that a lie, it can't be ability - that is evident for all to see, it can't be the cake comment - tevez did 100x worse on a 100 ocassions, it can't be race we have loved many players who shared the same race, it can't be commitment to City as he has shown as much or more than our beloved heroes kompany, aguero, silva . So what is it?

I think that African footballers and by this I mean footballers from Africa, playing for African countries have never got the respect they deserved. Eto'o never got the credit his ability deserved and was always called a mercenary in the way players like Beckham never were. Weah was never loved, Drogba never got credit outside Chelsea's fans commensurate with his impact in the game in the same way others like Zola did. Maybe it's all about marketability and money, what sells but I do think it's true that overall African footballers and in this case Yaya haven't got the respect or acknowledgement they deserve.

I apologise for causing offense , I should've been clearer and I shouldn't have done it on a quoted reply , I have no reason to make any judgement on you i don't know you from Adam and don't know what creed or colour you are to even judge.

It is a strong statement I agree, a very strong statement - I won't deny that . It is though a statement not aimed at you or about the colour of his skin.

I deeply believe that for some inexplicable reason Yaya has never got the credit in the game amongst the media, other fans or even our own fans that he deserves.

It can't be effort the stats prove that a lie, it can't be ability - that is evident for all to see, it can't be the cake comment - tevez did 100x worse on a 100 ocassions, it can't be race we have loved many players who shared the same race, it can't be commitment to City as he has shown as much or more than our beloved heroes kompany, aguero, silva . So what is it?

I think that African footballers and by this I mean footballers from Africa, playing for African countries have never got the respect they deserved. Eto'o never got the credit his ability deserved and was always called a mercenary in the way players like Beckham never were. Weah was never loved, Drogba never got credit outside Chelsea's fans commensurate with his impact in the game in the same way others like Zola did. Maybe it's all about marketability and money, what sells but I do think it's true that overall African footballers and in this case Yaya haven't got the respect or acknowledgement they deserve.

I apologise for causing offense , I should've been clearer and I shouldn't have done it on a quoted reply , I have no reason to make any judgement on you i don't know you from Adam and don't know what creed or colour you are to even judge.

I have a dream, that fatbloke and ealingblue2 can live together in harmony, This post has made that dream come true, god bless you both

Spot on.

Still think we need to utilise him better, was our weak link last night until the last 15. Players as talented as yaya need to be protected and so far this season he has been exposed far too much against pressing teams

Still think we need to utilise him better, was our weak link last night until the last 15. Players as talented as yaya need to be protected and so far this season he has been exposed far too much against pressing teams
Do you reckon pep might make him centre back? Great in the air and a brilliant passer, working in a three with kompany and Fernandinho with silva our deep lying playmaker just in front lol. Can't wait to see what he has spotted that we havent

He can be magical at any one time but does that one piece of potential magic allow the 89 minutes of non existence? Clearly it does to Pellers

Was always going to be tough with him and dinho in a two again!!! Never works as yaya doesn't have the legs to graft. Other teams also outnumber our midfield every game

Saying Kompany and Tevez get no abuse despite poor performances but Yaya does (or should I say "gets no love") because he's African, is a pretty strong statement. Please feel free to tell me how else that can be interpreted.
Both Kompany and Yaya are black, so clearly 'race' is not the issue in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.