Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was my birthday and my missus bought me a book from the club shop. Those legs aren't fucking real I'm not having that.

v6rlm0.jpg

He does it more than anyone, and in his job as the no10 it's criminal. It doesn't get picked up on here though because he's got this elevated status that makes him immune from criticism.

The three attacking midfielders behind the striker are never going to have as much defensive responsibility as the two deeper lying defensive/central midfield players, if Toure isn't going to take that responsibility you might as well play him as Aguero's partner and play a 4-1-3-2.

Last edited:
He gets called lazy because he lets people run past him on countless occasions in defensive situations, then 2 minutes later he's happily running forward to join the attack. We've all seen it, we all know it happens, it's just some prefer to pretend it doesn't happen for some reason.
I don't think he's lazy. Even 2-3 seasons ago at the height of his powers he'd surge upfield leaving players in his wake and then it would take him time to recover. It's much harder to recover from an all out sprint than it is running around at 80%. There are some players like Kolarov who can do it all game long, and there are others who can not. It's just the way they are built

Yaya struggling for a 2nd wind is not new. What's new is that he's lost the ability to surge past players, and that loss of speed is also noticeable defensively when players beat him one on one or bypass him. A month ago I didn't see what he offered the team. But in the last few weeks he has been a match-winner and notably those goals have come late in games.

I don't think he should be an automatic starter, but he has proven that he's still a hugely influential player.

I don't think he's lazy. Even 2-3 seasons ago at the height of his powers he'd surge upfield leaving players in his wake and then it would take him time to recover. It's much harder to recover from an all out sprint than it is running around at 80%. There are some players like Kolarov who can do it all game long, and there are others who can not. It's just the way they are built

Yaya struggling for a 2nd wind is not new. What's new is that he's lost the ability to surge past players, and that loss of speed is also noticeable defensively when players beat him one on one or bypass him. A month ago I didn't see what he offered the team. But in the last few weeks he has been a match-winner and notably those goals have come late in games.

I don't think he should be an automatic starter, but he has proven that he's still a hugely influential player.

Oh absolutely he's still got a role to play, this season at least. In home games against weaker opposition and as a potential game changer with 20-30 minutes left against tougher opposition and in away games he's perfect.

You say you don't think he's lazy but then go on to say even 2/3 years ago he would surge forward but then take a while to recover which I fully expect and understand. However, I can't ever recall him surging back to make a tackle (maybe once or twice in five years and that's being kind) and then him being too tired to attack. He only wants to attack and that's great at times but when you play as a deeper lying midfielder against the better teams you have to be prepared to sacrifice yourself for the good of the team and his selections of when and where he runs make people question his appetite for the battle. This season he's not even going forward and his legs are completely gone, I reckon even I'd catch him these days!!!

Either way it's sad to see him diminish the way he has in an attacking sense.

Oh absolutely he's still got a role to play, this season at least. In home games against weaker opposition and as a potential game changer with 20-30 minutes left against tougher opposition and in away games he's perfect.

You say you don't think he's lazy but then go on to say even 2/3 years ago he would surge forward but then take a while to recover which I fully expect and understand. However, I can't ever recall him surging back to make a tackle (maybe once or twice in five years and that's being kind) and then him being too tired to attack. He only wants to attack and that's great at times but when you play as a deeper lying midfielder against the better teams you have to be prepared to sacrifice yourself for the good of the team and his selections of when and where he runs make people question his appetite for the battle. This season he's not even going forward and his legs are completely gone, I reckon even I'd catch him these days!!!

Either way it's sad to see him diminish the way he has in an attacking sense.

Not even going forward eh?

Not even going forward eh?

Halfway through the season and his highlights are nearly 50% pre-season clips, haha!!

In fairness though my point was in comparison to what he's done in previous seasons going forward, these days you'll be lucky if you get 1-2 goals a season after a surging run.

But well done for picking up one sentence to have a go at, you kind of enhanced my point.

Halfway through the season and his highlights are nearly 50% pre-season clips, haha!!

In fairness though my point was in comparison to what he's done in previous seasons going forward, these days you'll be lucky if you get 1-2 goals a season after a surging run.

But well done for picking up one sentence to have a go at, you kind of enhanced my point.

Vid was posted on September 7th.

He's on course to score in double figures again this season, amazingly he's doing this without going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.