Player's Perspective On Being Boo'd By Fans

macmanson

Seeing as there have been a number of threads on here with fans arguing the pros and cons of boo'ing players, I thought it was interesting to have a player's viewpoint. Here is an interview with Kolo Toure after the Birmingham game where the reporter asks him about being boo'd by City fans.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/City-v-Birmingham-Kolos-reaction

Knowing that it does bother players to be boo'd and discourages them, does that alter any one's view point? For the record, I'm not against fans boo'ing their own teams, but I don't necessarily feel compelled to do it myself.

macmanson said:
Seeing as there have been a number of threads on here with fans arguing the pros and cons of boo'ing players, I thought it was interesting to have a player's viewpoint. Here is an interview with Kolo Toure after the Birmingham game where the reporter asks him about being boo'd by City fans.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/City-v-Birmingham-Kolos-reaction

Knowing that it does bother players to be boo'd and discourages them, does that alter any one's view point? For the record, I'm not against fans boo'ing their own teams, but I don't necessarily feel compelled to do it myself.

Nope I still don't agree with it, OK when ya team plays shit and gets hammered fine. But booing because your team isn't winning 5 or 6-0 every week having 20+ shots at goal all the time because the opponents are supposedly shit but still getting the wins or draws in the process I think its bang out of order. Especially singing a players name that's previously slagged the current manager off and singing "ya don't know what ya doing" to the manager all just doesn't deem as acceptable in my eyes.

Prestwich_Blue said:
macmanson said:
Knowing that it does bother players to be boo'd and discourages them, does that alter any one's view point?
It works both ways. It bothers and discourages me when the team I pay good money to watch can barely manage a decent chance against Birmingham.

BOOOOOOOOoooooooo!

Sometimes its good to get a kick up the backside from the fans though... I usually go watch Wigan Rugby League aswell as City and we are usually boo'ed off the pitch at HT if the fans think the side is slacking. Last season we had plenty of those games, but every game we played shite the team would hear a roar of booing after the HT hooter and we would come out second half and win.

Works both ways... sometimes it helps when the team look like they can't be arsed. And another time it doesnt help at all when the team is trying but the luck isnt going our way.

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
BOOOOOOOOoooooooo!
You don't know what you're doing!

On a side note - have I told you all this totally new song that I came up with, all by myself. I just invented it when I was bored on my piano (in my mind):

A drink a drink a drink
to Carlos the king, the king, the king......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.