Player's Perspective On Being Boo'd By Fans

Ricster said:
dickie davies said:
I'm not even going to listen to his opinion of if they get booed it discourages them, because it's truly pathetic and shows what a pampered gang of twats footballers are

Maybe you should watch the video and see just how gutted he looks about it.

well i saw, and not for the first time this season i will point out, thousands of people who looked gutted. The team where poor, and not for the first ttime this year, but again we all pay our money and turn up in the hope it was a blip. Well its clear its not, and we havent been playing well. Im sure £100k plus would make me feel less interested in moaning, but when im paying for a ST that is a not insignificant sum. Then watch certain players look spinless, and hear them moaning in the media about how they are UNHAPPY. well im firmly in the camp of their taking the piss.

so how else should voice my discontent, a well worded letter to the manager chairman and the body double Yaya Toure seems to have employed. Should i run or throw things onto the pitch, i serious what would you suggest because their comes a point where the inane drivel of "get behind the team" seems somewhat lacking in my opinion. and that opinion is not the minority, and is shared by many of the so called "real fans".

jay_mcfc said:
Booing is very twatish behaiour and something I will never ever understand. It's proper chucking the toys out of the pram!
spot on mate can"t understand it/ god they look right twats when they do it( boo the booers )stewards should throw them out if caught its a disgusting way to support yer team

sniff said:
their comes a point where the inane drivel of "get behind the team" seems somewhat lacking in my opinion. and that opinion is not the minority, and is shared by many of the so called "real fans".

Good post mate. Every City fan I know has the same opinion, too. things are not right.

One of my mates opined earlier (whilst laughing on the phone about the ridiculous head in the sand stance of some on here) that these "Get behind the manager FFS" buffoons are new fans. He might be right. I think it's the less knowledgeable and the young, personally.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:23 pm --<br /><br />
benji1967 said:
stewards should throw them out if caught
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

On that comedy classic I'm going to leave it for the weekend.

Didsbury Dave said:
sniff said:
their comes a point where the inane drivel of "get behind the team" seems somewhat lacking in my opinion. and that opinion is not the minority, and is shared by many of the so called "real fans".

Good post mate. Every City fan I know has the same opinion, too. things are not right.

One of my mates opined earlier (whilst laughing on the phone about the ridiculous head in the sand stance of some on here) that these "Get behind the manager FFS" buffoons are new fans. He might be right. I think it's the less knowledgeable and the young, personally.

-- Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:23 pm --

benji1967 said:
stewards should throw them out if caught
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

On that comedy classic I'm going to leave it for the weekend.

if i had a dog half as stupid i would have put it down.

but yeah i agree a few city fans need to wake up. Im 100% behind the team and will renew my ST as i always do, but im honest enough to admit we have been s**t for the past few months. were oin fourth because spurs seem hell bent on not getting in the CL again.

Didsbury Dave said:
sniff said:

One of my mates opined earlier (whilst laughing on the phone about the ridiculous head in the sand stance of some on here) that these "Get behind the manager FFS" buffoons are new fans. He might be right. I think it's the less knowledgeable and the young, personally.

Let yourself down there - claiming superiority of thought due to length of time following City (due to year of birth) and a greater knowledge.

Ever thought that the reason we have always been so crap during the years may be due to a lack of the correct mentality from our fans? Always ready to change the manager at the earliest opportunity?

As I say, you let yourself down there, nearly as bad a the wank remarks from people claiming greater knowledge as they go home and away! Or is that your next gem?

SWP's back said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Let yourself down there - claiming superiority of thought due to length of time following City (due to year of birth) and a greater knowledge.

Ever thought that the reason we have always been so crap during the years may be due to a lack of the correct mentality from our fans? Always ready to change the manager at the earliest opportunity?As I say, you let yourself down there, nearly as bad a the wank remarks from people claiming greater knowledge as they go home and away! Or is that your next gem?

yes .......... nail on the head its all the fans fault

sniff said:
SWP's back said:

Ever thought that the reason we have always been so crap during the years may be due to a lack of the correct mentality from our fans? Always ready to change the manager at the earliest opportunity?As I say, you let yourself down there, nearly as bad a the wank remarks from people claiming greater knowledge as they go home and away! Or is that your next gem?

yes .......... nail on the head its all the fans fault

I do think that as a whole we think the grass may always be greener.

Hate to say it but I think Fergie wouldn't have lasted at our gaff during his first couple of years.

it's not about being pampered or the money, i couldnt give a fcuk about all that, or even them personally - its about what might get them playing better ain't it? isn't that the whole point?

they'll be long gone, all of em, manager, players - I'll still be here - and all I see is that blue shirt, i ain't booing that

To me it's basic emotional intelligence; the sharing of the good and the bad times by players and fans creates a bond, it provides a sense of community and support that helps people through the bad times, and spurs them on. This is surely what Liverpool mean when they say 'You'll never walk alone'.

Booing is just a group of fans saying, argh, it's bad for us, and shoving it all at the player's feet.

I think it's moronic to pretend that people stop having normal human reactions just because they are professional sportsmen, or have money in the bank. They grow thick skins, but there is an inevitable psychological response to having fourty thousand people, who you assume are on your side, say they don't like you. You try standing in a room full of random people pointing and shouting at you. It hurts, it confuses people, depresses them, makes them feel less worthwhile and capable. Those are just simple facts, the most basic rules of emotions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.