Players who are possibly leaving in the summer

Kolarov must go. Apart from the fact he is totally useless against any team that dare to attack us, think of Spurs, Celtic or Chelsea, he is taking up a place that could be filled with a proper footballer or maybe one of our youngsters. At best if he is merely not a disaster against the likes of Watford or Bournemouth then surely these are the games where we can experiment, the better to benefit us in the long term.

I think everyone out of contract will leave in the summer - Caballero, Sagna, Clichy, Zabaleta, Toure, and Navas. I wouldn't be surprised to see Delph and possibly Kolarov go too. That's probably about 750k a week off the wage bill, which would give us huge leeway in the transfer market.

Think we'll see a huge transformation of the squad at the end of the season. It'll be very much Guardiola's team next year.

I certainly wouldn't release Ya Ya on current form. Even though he doesn't play the way Pep traditionally prefers, he offers us something different, which as we've seen already this season has been fairly crucial. I can't think of anyone who can run a game the way he does, even given his age.

The 'young'Yaya is worth keeping if he's the same one we've seen in the last 2 months. There's not another player on the planet like him.

Poss need a little stability with full backs. Clichy to go Sagna to stay. Zabba does what he wants. For all the others,thank them for their service,wish them well in their futures,ask them to speak well of the club,fans & area & tell them they're well back as club guests anytime.

Please bring back Joe, sign a good young keeper (Pickford or the Italian lad with the long name ). Sign Griezmam or Sanches. 2/3 new full backs. 2 centre backs. 1 defensive centre mid.

I certainly wouldn't release Ya Ya on current form. Even though he doesn't play the way Pep traditionally prefers, he offers us something different, which as we've seen already this season has been fairly crucial. I can't think of anyone who can run a game the way he does, even given his age.

As discussed elsewhere, letting Yaya go might be a mistake.

Yaya- IMO needs to stay. A City legend, very few if any midfielders possess his skill set and ability on the ball. Our young players can learn a lot from him and his performances recently have been great. If he keeps it up, I think he will definitely be offered an extension.

Zabaleta- Another legend. Would love to see him stay as a squad player, he loves the club but I think he will leave to Italy for more first team opportunities and maybe come back to City after a few years in a Coaching role.

Clichy- Must go, don't see any reason to offer him an extension, not good enough.

Sagna- Could stay as 2nd choice RB, on a one year deal.

Navas- Must go, has been good value for money. Works hard but needs to go, not up to the required standard.

Willy-Would like to see him replaced by a better keeper.

Kolarov- Would like to stay to see him leave, Pep either likes him or is just using him because of the lack of options, I would say the latter.

In the summer the main focus should be on defense.

We need

-1 x CB, someone like Laporte or Van Dijk would be excellent.
-1 x LB- Would love to see Rose come in.
-1 X RB- Fabinho would be great here
-1 X DM- William Carvalho would be a good option, don't really know who else would fit and could be available but this position needs strengthening for sure, can't rely solely on Dinho.

These should all be quality additions, expected to slot right into the first team. All are must buys.

Also another keeper, preferably a young, lower profile one that will push Bravo but won't cost so much.

In addition to a top quality LB, we should buy a back up LB as well because it seems like Pep doesn't have much faith in Angelino, and this position is our weakest.

I do think that this type of window is possible, and buying quality in these positions will immensely improve our team and take us to another level.

As discussed elsewhere, letting Yaya go might be a mistake.
I think he's quite settled in Cheshire, wife and kids school etc, so probably keen on sticking around, we should offer him a 1 year extension.

Kolarov diagonal ball to sterling is way out when teams press us.
I think that must be the reason why pep like to use him.

Lol I love the kolarov haters always first to criticise and wants him to go. Yet year after year, mancini, pellers, and now pep decided to keep him and pep even playing him more often and converting him to CB, arguably a more important position. The whingers are going to moan and cry again if pep keeps him for another season. Going to be funny as heck.

The players leaving will be different to those listed in the rubbish report. Unless the reporter knows the inner workings of peps mind, it's too early to speculate. A lot of things can happen between now and the end of season. Many thought yaya was done at city and will never play for pep or city again but now he is playing and flourishing even. Made alot of people thinking they know better look foolish

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.