Poland versus England

England have been going backwards since 2004. This was the last time we looked like we were anywhere near good enough to compete at championship winning level.
I'd go so far as say that this is on par with the durge of the mid to late 70's.

City Raider said:
lol journo's saying some players took pro plus and other caffeine products for game yesterday and weren't able to sleep properly last night

Lol indeed.

I don't buy all the crap about the match being postponed for one day and how it was unsettling.

Truth is England are crap. Have been for ages.

Dave S said:
marco said:
england are the spurs of the premership and thats on a good day,we are a quarter final team who might ride there luck into the semis
If England get anywhere near the semis I'll eat my hat!
hat.jpg

knocked out by the Spaniards?

Gaylord du Bois said:
England have been going backwards since 2004. This was the last time we looked like we were anywhere near good enough to compete at championship winning level.
I'd go so far as say that this is on par with the durge of the mid to late 70's.

That was seen as England's 'Golden Generation', when Gerrard, Lampard, Ashley Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Carragher, Beckham, and Owen, were in their peak, and promising young players like Rooney, Joe Cole, and SWP were emerging. A lot of those players are ageing/retired now, or haven't fully lived up to expectations, and there isn't anyone good enough to instantly step up and challenge for their place. England are pinning many hopes on Wilshere, its a bit much to expect a 20 year old to be the savior, and says it all about the lack of quality options.

Watched the game and I`m pretty happy with the performance of our team, against the ods or maybe nobody knows what to expect really. Without Blaszczykowski, with new manager, after dissapointing Euros and not really great qualifiers so far, we produced a good performance against very good team.
The team that played not the best they can that`s for sure. What`s suprised me the most was inability to counterattack. It`s the easiest play you would think but I`m glad of course it didn`t work for England tonight.

Rooney looked tired, so did Stevie Gerrard. We scored the goal after the mistake of a player you wouldn`t suspect of at all. Joe`s form is outstanding. But we are all humans. Danny Welbeck looked good, I like his style of play, very energetic and athletic. He will play big role for England I`m sure.
It was a strange game because afterwards both sides will be dissapointed. Reverse game at Wembley will be a cracker. Hopefully we still will be in game by then :)

Off the pitch I must say I like Joe Hart, his interviews and attitude shows that he isn`t ther just for money. Good lad. And also Roy Hodgson. Terrific (I started using that word after watching too much Gordon Strachan on ITV!) guy :) Very intelligent, eloquent (rarity among the football managers) and last but not least good manager in my opinion (despite the fact you criticise him heavily I will defend him)

In Polish team, I like the fact that new/young faces are getting their chances. Wszolek, Krychowiak, Grosicki and goalscorer Glik. I bet most if not all of you, never heard of those guys but they held England tonight-team ranked 49(!) places above us. And that`s promising. We need that fresh blood and we need them to gain experience on such high profile games.
I like the way we play counterattack but position(ing) attack and response to pressing is still unsatisfactory. So is set pieces marking. Moments of deconcentration cost us dearly.

I liked the improvement on the pitch. Far from ideal but considering how it looked just 19h earlier some good jobs been definitely done. Also good number of visiting fans being able to stay is a nice bit. Hopefully our authorities will participate in reimbursement!

Hate all this anti roy stuff to be honest, it's not like the players at his disposal allow him to play any different than everyone else. To do anything different would mean both prima donna players and media would destroy any manager. Even 'arry.

I remember getting a 1-1 in Poland not so long ago with Lineker scoring a late equalizer and it was seen as a good result.

Difficult place to go,we got a point and but for a mistake from Joe we may of got three. We are in a good position to qualify.

UltraPoland said:
Watched the game and I`m pretty happy with the performance of our team, against the ods or maybe nobody knows what to expect really. Without Blaszczykowski, with new manager, after dissapointing Euros and not really great qualifiers so far, we produced a good performance against very good team.
The team that played not the best they can that`s for sure. What`s suprised me the most was inability to counterattack. It`s the easiest play you would think but I`m glad of course it didn`t work for England tonight.

Rooney looked tired, so did Stevie Gerrard. We scored the goal after the mistake of a player you wouldn`t suspect of at all. Joe`s form is outstanding. But we are all humans. Danny Welbeck looked good, I like his style of play, very energetic and athletic. He will play big role for England I`m sure.
It was a strange game because afterwards both sides will be dissapointed. Reverse game at Wembley will be a cracker. Hopefully we still will be in game by then :)

Off the pitch I must say I like Joe Hart, his interviews and attitude shows that he isn`t ther just for money. Good lad. And also Roy Hodgson. Terrific (I started using that word after watching too much Gordon Strachan on ITV!) guy :) Very intelligent, eloquent (rarity among the football managers) and last but not least good manager in my opinion (despite the fact you criticise him heavily I will defend him)

In Polish team, I like the fact that new/young faces are getting their chances. Wszolek, Krychowiak, Grosicki and goalscorer Glik. I bet most if not all of you, never heard of those guys but they held England tonight-team ranked 49(!) places above us. And that`s promising. We need that fresh blood and we need them to gain experience on such high profile games.
I like the way we play counterattack but position(ing) attack and response to pressing is still unsatisfactory. So is set pieces marking. Moments of deconcentration cost us dearly.

I liked the improvement on the pitch. Far from ideal but considering how it looked just 19h earlier some good jobs been definitely done. Also good number of visiting fans being able to stay is a nice bit. Hopefully our authorities will participate in reimbursement!

Hi Ultra P -

Grosicki's family own a pub 8 mins walk from where I work. Had a few beers with his dad the other week whilst watching Newcastle / Scum. Great guy.

As for Grosicki himself, he's quick, got good technical ability and a great work ethic. He would have made a good plan B option for Poland during the Euro's..... which was something Poland were very much lacking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.