Poland versus England

the fact that woy is going to be found out is just a matter of time, its the simple fact that the players on the pitch wearing an England shirt are in world terms second division players and you cannot make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

Roy Hodgson as a human being is simply world class but he is not a fookin magician, not one of our players would get close to being a major force in a top european team, for those that question that please name me one english player that has done that in the last thirty years.

Rant over - lets get back to what is really importnat

marco said:
england are the spurs of the premership and thats on a good day,we are a quarter final team who might ride there luck into the semis
If England get anywhere near the semis I'll eat my hat!

davelyncooper said:
the fact that woy is going to be found out is just a matter of time, its the simple fact that the players on the pitch wearing an England shirt are in world terms second division players and you cannot make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

Roy Hodgson as a human being is simply world class but he is not a fookin magician, not one of our players would get close to being a major force in a top european team, for those that question that please name me one english player that has done that in the last thirty years.

Rant over - lets get back to what is really importnat
rubbish....

He is more pragmatic than tactical. No manager wants to be adventurous with their team selection because if they fail the media will crucify them. that is why they'd rather get teh results rather than suffer the wrath of the media.

Gerrard has never worked as a 2nd midfielder in a 442. Clever can work as a L.A.M in a 4231 or a variation of it but he is not as effective in a as a wide MF in a 442.
Why is Gerrard allowed to press GKs when he's playing CM?

Dave S said:
I see Woy was trotting out all the usual excuses as to why a draw was a good result.
In the context of the qualifying campaign surely it is a good result? An away point, despite a fairly indifferent performance, in a match where preparations were disrupted by a postponement - could turn out to be a pretty valuable point in the end.

Now if he was "trotting out the usual excuses" whilst trying to make out it was a good performance.........

JM Mcr said:
Dave S said:
I see Woy was trotting out all the usual excuses as to why a draw was a good result.
In the context of the qualifying campaign surely it is a good result? An away point, despite a fairly indifferent performance, in a match where preparations were disrupted by a postponement - could turn out to be a pretty valuable point in the end.

Now if he was "trotting out the usual excuses" whilst trying to make out it was a good performance.........
I'm not sure a point is good. Look at the table. Montenegro could finish above England.

1 England 4 2 2 0 10 8
2 Montenegro 3 2 1 0 7 7
3 Poland 3 1 2 0 2 5
4 Moldova 4 1 1 2 -5 4
5 Ukraine 3 0 2 1 -1 2
6 San Marino 3 0 0 3 -13 0

I would have taken a draw in Poland before the match.I think England will still finish top.England have had harder qualifying groups than this.Montenegro will drop points to England remember they have Savic not the best defender

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.