Portwood Stockport

never see too many accidents there, you want daily carnage try anywhere from the Stockport Pyramid to the 56 junction

communting hell, why they don't go for a rush hour 50mph speed limit across the whole of the M60 I dunno, might be a slower speed limit but I'd get home quicker and safer

Whoever wrote the article needs pulling up... as another poster said, there is no such thing as a fast lane... its an overtaking lane and once you have overtaken then you shouldn't be in it

I'm in Frankfurt this week and love it here.... the lane discipline shits all over the majority of drivers in the UK and don't get me started on the road surfaces

Totally agree you about the use of language in the article. However, the reality is that a high percentage of drivers see the outside lane as "the fast lane" whether you wish them to or not and if they are going to do ridiculous speeds that is the lane the idiots will use to do them in mostly.

never see too many accidents there, you want daily carnage try anywhere from the Stockport Pyramid to the 56 junction

communting hell, why they don't go for a rush hour 50mph speed limit across the whole of the M60 I dunno, might be a slower speed limit but I'd get home quicker and safer

Would make sense to limit it during rush hours am and pm. Even a single lane closure for a minor accident causes much of Stockport to grind to a halt.

Never seen a single accident there, joining any lane is the same, just match your speed and merge.

Tbh mate by the time you're looking at joining the lane it doesn't give you a great deal of time to assess what speed you need to be at to merge, some people come flying round at 90 + from behind which can be a huge hazard as you're looking ahead at traffic in front too and others looking to join the outside lane from the middle create further hazards, there's a lot to process in a very short space of time.

Also, I think the fact you've not seen any accidents may well be down to the fact most people in the area recognise it as a junction that you really need to be very careful of as well as some drivers recognising the fact, seen a few myself living there for 16 years and plenty of near misses.

Tbh mate by the time you're looking at joining the lane it doesn't give you a great deal of time to assess what speed you need to be at to merge, some people come flying round at 90 + from behind which can be a huge hazard as you're looking ahead at traffic in front too and others looking to join the outside lane from the middle create further hazards, there's a lot to process in a very short space of time.

Also, I think the fact you've not seen any accidents may well be down to the fact most people in the area recognise it as a junction that you really need to be very careful of as well as some drivers recognising the fact, seen a few myself living there for 16 years and plenty of near misses.
Get yer foot down and go for it lad, you'll be fine a near miss isn't an accident.

Never seen a single accident there, joining any lane is the same, just match your speed and merge.
The trouble is if your pulling a caravan or in a wagon it's difficult getting up to them speeds and they shouldn't be in the 3rd lane anyway it is actually illegal

I agree it is dangerous, but there's a much more dangerous section down south where two motorways merge, I think it might be M40/42 and another.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.