Post Match: City vs United Friendly | ICC

Can you tell me who were the big/tall lads in the mid/forward line of the Barca team that Pep created and is widely considered the greatest football team in the history of the planet?

You sound like Mike Bassett
You're right, of course, because they were all Silva sized, right?! Too bad we don't play in Spain a few years ago!

Look at the Real Madrid team that just took on allcomers and spanked them....ALL! Front line of Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema, players like Casemiro and Kroos in the middle of the park. Look at what Mourinho is building. Just sayin'

We need Sanchez more than what people think here
I agree and I'm not going off tonight's friendly that was just a fitness exercise but one thing I noticed last season and tonight is we lack that incision in the final third and Sanchez is the man to bring it.

If not him someone else on the same level is required as I do think Sergio albeit still world class doesn't have the same turn of foot as he did.

Walker looked a fantastic addition tonight great energy and pace. Also a fit Kompany is priceless fingers crossed.

We play it on the deck mostly, we don't need tall players up front and GJ is decent in the air anyway.
It's not just about City playing on the deck. There are two teams on the field and part of the game is blunting the opposition, dominating possession, and your own strengths beating theirs. We have one glaring weakness that other teams will have as a strength. I'm not saying it is the be all and end all, but it is noticeable when watching games.

I've never really liked our pre-season preparations. Every year we play with a mix of first-team players, expensive rejects and youngsters. Which means we have no clue about how we will line up when the season starts.

Didn't Spain disprove this? I understand that the English and Americans think the only way to win is with pure athletes but clearly Brazil has the most world cup wins for a reason. I'm drunk and want to fight lick my balls.

You're right, of course, because they were all Silva sized, right?! Too bad we don't play in Spain a few years ago!

Look at the Real Madrid team that just took on allcomers and spanked them....ALL! Front line of Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema, players like Casemiro and Kroos in the middle of the park. Look at what Mourinho is building. Just sayin'

Mourinho finished sixth and is building a kick and rush team that will yet again struggle to gain CL qualification.

Real Madrid are the best team in the world because all of their players can pass and receive a ball and understand when and when not to move, and not because they're six foot four.

Disappointing but we just have to hope its lack of fitness and we'll improve come the first game.
Phil Foden was class, really impressive. Thought Roberts and Brahim also did well.
One issue for me is that we have no proper CMs. Fernandinho and Toure both going to decline and can't see any world class options available. Would be nice if we could get Vidal. Sometimes, you do just need a big hard bastard in the middle of the pitch.
Hate to admit it but Pogba would of been brilliant for us.

I want to keep Nasri but man I just know he flatters to deceive. He can keep a ball so well but won't take games by the scruff of the neck and drive the team forward in the big games.
Exactly right, people acting surprised all of a sudden and giving him credit for a few good passes and keeping hold of the ball when we knew all of that already(he's had better games in the league infact). Where was the workrate and the closing down though in the same game? Could we rely on him like we could Silva or KDB? He's not a bad guy really but it hasn't worked out and I don't see him fitting into this team. Tell that to the armchair experts on here though eh...

Fucking hell it was a friendly and you lot are arguing about height in midfield? Remember the derby at the swamp last year? Spanish Dave, dinho, and debruyne dominated pogba and co. FRIENDLY.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.