Post Match Thread: City vs Spurs

The pressing is an issue. We clearly don't train that way because as a unit we don't get up and down the pitch as one.

What perplexes me, and it really does, is how a team that doesn't press a back 4 can be played through so easily. There were periods in the game today, and it kept happening, where Tottenham were playing inbetween our lines and bypassing us. They were attacking our back 4 within 3 passes from there fucking CB. It's as though we choose to press at the wrong time and we do it individually not as a team. So Fernando does the press but Fernandinho couldn't be arsed.

There was a particular instance in the first half where Toure and Fernandinho were about a second behind a 50/50. By the time they got there they'd lost the 2nd ball and Eriksen was on top of our back 4. That was a bouncing ball in the middle of the park. I couldn't believe it. It is such a simple thing.

It's dysfunctional and dysfunctional has become a common trait in this team. I can't believe how far we have regressed after strengthening and spending so much.

That lies squarely at the door of the manager.

Having watched Leicester and Spurs today they're much more organized and energetic. They know when to press as a team and when to drop off. We have absolutely no clue in this regard.

Regardless of the refs we have been utter shite this season along with a massive injury list to with it. Thats the bottom line. We cant go out wanting to win a game relying on the refs. We need to man up and play with some fire from the get go,no this go one behind and have to chase the game bollocks.
WE ARE SHIT!

I dont care what you call me, this season have been awful. Pure shit

To be fair, I missed the game. Highlights show us as unlucky and never a fucking penalty. But such is life. As long as we stay clear of the rags, for a shit season I'm happy.

Just watched the whole game. Best we've played for a while, even though we are still some level short of anything like our best. Scandalous decision for the penalty. He couldn't wait to give it. Wouldn't be surprised if he had money on that game to was that bad of a decision.
Great to see kompany back but what happened to Aguero? He was dire. Worst I've seen Sergio play. We have to use both ferns in midfield from now on and yaya was better with Fernando behind him.

1. Why do we get into gear only when we go behind? Always slow and pedantic from the kick off, we never start fast and controlling anymore against teams, like there's no hunger.

2. Why substitute Clichy who was arguably one of the solid and best players on the day for Kolarov who was complete shite last week and had no impact this week.

3. Why was Silva starting on the right? Why cant he stay in position? Why cant Yaya stay in his position for the 2nd goal? Why cant Otamendi stay in his position for the 2nd goal and other occasions when he is tackling in a midfielders position? Creating massive holes in the pitch that teams exploit.

4. Has Pellegrini actually improved a player since he came?

5. Clattenburg = Knob?

All in all, we looked better with Fernando and Fernandinho holding and Yaya as a #10, but then that pushes Silva out to where he doesnt want to be so we had 2 numbers 10's and nothing on the right. If we player with Yaya as the #10, why the hell is a right footed Sterling playing on the left and a left footed Silva playing on the right, effectively nulling each player. Seen more from Sterling on the right in one half than I have seen him do on the left all season.

Pellegrini makes the stupidest decisions before and during games.I'm glad its his last season and the end cant come quick enough for me. Just hope we win a trophy this season for a bit of dignity. Wont be the FA Cup, wont be the league, wont be the Chumps League.
The season's expectations ended when KDB went down. We have 1 finisher on the roster (well two, but Iheanacho doesn't start for phantom reasons I can't comprehend. It's aguero scores or it's a nothing. Literally only aguero has scored in the league since, until kelechi.

Isn't it pretty obvious the Sterling/Aguero/Silva and or Navas angle isn't going to work?! Why do we keep trying it? Driving me crazy each game. What are we trying to do here tactically? Sterling doesn't seem to be effective unless he's on the counter. Silva has no pace or finishing. Feeding crosses into Aguero seems like a terrible idea. What exactly is Yaya's role in this scheme? It's just awful to watch. We aren't hitting anybody on the counter and seems pretty obvious to me that it just isn't effective, nor will it be.

Is this design not a terrible idea? Why the hell wouldn't you start Kelechi? It feels like Sergio really need another forward and silva especially to maximize their styles. I think each player is playing in a system/approach that suits them all terribly.....how was this not thought out beforehand???

Am I off base here totally or what? Please respond.

Highlights show us as unlucky and never a fucking penalty. But such is life. As long as we stay clear of the rags, for a shit season I'm happy.
I never subject myself to the highlights when we have lost, but I think your assessment is correct, I thought we were the better side, the stats say we were the better side, unfortunately we missed THREE sitters, Aguero 2, and Silva, and in tight games like these, when you also have a cheating referee, you can't afford to miss these sort of chances, Aguero's two misses today were woeful for a player of his ability.

The season's expectations ended when KDB went down. We have 1 finisher on the roster (well two, but Iheanacho doesn't start for phantom reasons I can't comprehend. It's aguero scores or it's a nothing. Literally only aguero has scored in the league since, until kelechi.

Isn't it pretty obvious the Sterling/Aguero/Silva and or Navas angle isn't going to work?! Why do we keep trying it? Driving me crazy each game. What are we trying to do here tactically? Sterling doesn't seem to be effective unless he's on the counter. Silva has no pace or finishing. Feeding crosses into Aguero seems like a terrible idea. What exactly is Yaya's role in this scheme? It's just awful to watch. We aren't hitting anybody on the counter and seems pretty obvious to me that it just isn't effective, nor will it be.

Is this design not a terrible idea? Why the hell wouldn't you start Kelechi? It feels like Sergio really need another forward and silva especially to maximize their styles. I think each player is playing in a system/approach that suits them all terribly.....how was this not thought out beforehand???

Am I off base here totally or what? Please respond.

there are fundamentals ... like dont tinker with the backline unless you really have to (injuries). Pellegrini ignores that and changes them from game to game and now .... in game. You dont play a player in a position he cant play like Silva on the right wing. He wont stay there, he wont trackback and will inbalance the team. Play him on the left, he has played there before, he knows what to do and doesnt have to keep keeping inside just to make a pass with his left foot.

Its simple, common sense that alludes Pellegrini 9 times out of 10.

Too gutted to post any meaningful comments so I'll just concentrate on sticking needles into my effigy of Clattenberg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.