Pre-season preparations (merged)

Watching chelsea and Arsenal playing this weekend i would say we are way behind them,they have all their players working together including willian who i think was at the copa america.We are completely under prepared

What I find puzzling (and this also happened last year when Sagna was rested for the Community Shield, despite Giroud playing for Arsenal) is that our Copa America players seem to have been given more time off than United's.
I'm not sure which is the better approach, but even allowing for their inability to board a plane, it just seems strange that they're a couple of weeks ahead of our lads.

I do think we are a bit soft when it comes to giving international players time off. At the end of the day they are professional athletes at the peak of physical fitness. A few weeks off should be more than enough for them to recharge the batteries.

What I find puzzling (and this also happened last year when Sagna was rested for the Community Shield, despite Giroud playing for Arsenal) is that our Copa America players seem to have been given more time off than United's.
I'm not sure which is the better approach, but even allowing for their inability to board a plane, it just seems strange that they seem to be a couple of weeks ahead of our lads.
As Aguero had a injury free season as far as muscle injuries go and united suffered a lot of injuries first half of last season as did Arsenal, then I would say our slower approach is better long term.

I expect us to struggle first few games, we have an aging squad and it'll take a few matches for these players to get up to speed. Rags and arsenal look l
Watching chelsea and Arsenal playing this weekend i would say we are way behind them,they have all their players working together including willian who i think was at the copa america.We are completely under prepared

Agreed, coupled with the fact our transfer policy is all over the shop I'll be surprised if we don't drop a lot of points early on.

Arsenal look better than us at the moment. Slightly worried. 2 weeks before the season and we have not played anywhere near our best team. Think we honestly will do very well do finish above the arse this year.

As Aguero had a injury free season as far as muscle injuries go and united suffered a lot of injuries first half of last season as did Arsenal, then I would say our slower approach is better long term.

Yeh Delphs hamstring and Yaya as really benefited from this slow start.

Yeh Delphs hamstring and Yaya as really benefited from this slow start.
What's Yaya getting clattered and Delph getting a hamstring a couple of days after joining us got to do with it ? I'm talking about bringing players back slowly after a summer tournament.

Also why play Struttgart away from home as our last friendly, couldn't we have arranged a home friendly with Struttgart to cut down on the travel and allow fans like me a chance to go to a friendly match without having to fork out on planes and hotels etc..

Remember the days when we used to tour around Scotland and Ireland?!

Also why play Struttgart away from home as our last friendly, couldn't we have arranged a home friendly with Struttgart to cut down on the travel and allow fans like me a chance to go to a friendly match without having to fork out on planes and hotels etc..

Remember the days when we used to tour around Scotland and Ireland?!

Unfortunately those days are gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.