prem league winter break

Winter is all over the place in the UK.

Prem pitches would hold up with the undersoil heating but imagine a month off followed by loads of snow where it's deemed unsafe to travel to games.

Parties pushing for this just see ££ signs for friendlies.

Get rid of international friendlies job done.
Aren't they replacing international friendlies with a new knock out competition

They can fuck off. If you don't like playing here, then fuck of somewhere else. If they play 60 games, then that's 60 days work a year. If you can't handle 60 days work, fucking do one.

They can fuck off. If you don't like playing here, then fuck of somewhere else. If they play 60 games, then that's 60 days work a year. If you can't handle 60 days work, fucking do one.

Agreed. 60 days of playing football in about a 280 day season should be okay for a world class athlete. Does my head in all this tired bullshit. I used to run 10km every 3 days a few years back, I never used to moan about tiredness when waking up at 5.30am for a 12 hour shift. Never heard of anyone moaning about tiredness years ago, footballers are too well looked after. But like I’ve said, the scheduling around Christmas is a bit to much, which would be sorted by scrapping two legged semi finals and replays in both domestic cups.

The quality of the football definitely suffers when players are overplayed, might enjoy us winning the Cairibao cup but to be honest it never bothered me when we went out and I'd happily ditch it for better quality football later. You could play early rounds of the FA cup then or have a mini league to qualify for the fourth round midweek and take an FA cup weekend or two out of the season.
It's not just the international tournaments where premier league players suffer it's aslo the latter rounds of the Champions League. Dropping the Caribao cup, bringing some of the FA cup rounds forward to when the Caribao cup is played and losing a couple of FA cup weekends would improve the whole season.

Great idea in theory- But all the teams would feck off for lucrative friendlies in the US or Asia. So unless the PL say no friendlies during the break than i'ts a crap idea.

It doesn't matter if clubs did jet off for a couple of friendlies or mid-season training camp during the winter break. It is an opportunity to unwind and it will help with improving the national side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.