PSG readying an offer for Aguero? The Times

I think it's not going to happen but I don't think the present situation makes it more or less likely at all.

The two clubs may be owned by different nations in the region but if either thought they were getting a good deal then they'd go for it.

But 60m wouldn't be even close to a good deal, in my opinion.

No one buys a player City want to keep anyway, that is basically the be all and end all of the situation. If City did sell then it's because they don't want Aguero and they wouldn't cut off their nose to spite their face in that event.

Totally agree with you on City's stance on selling players.

I just thought perhaps Abu Dhabi wouldn't want to be seen to be selling a high profile asset to Qatar as it could be interpreted as a weakness or breaking ranks with the other countries in the region.

Maybe it's not that sensitive a situation, I've not read too much on the situation, but seems more like Saudi throwing their weight around again than anything.

Money has ruined some of us.

We love "selling" our legends and our heroes. Players who have been nothing but loyal and model professionals since the very day they first joined our club.

I've seen us try to "sell" Aguero, Kompany & even Silva on here over the last 12 months. Brilliant players, brilliant personalities and nothing but dedicated to the cause.

Appreciate them because in the future there will come a time when we have other brilliant players and in the close season they will kick up a fuss about wanting to move to Madrid and you'll be upset at their lack of loyalty.

Loyalty and dedication is something you cannot buy. It grows from the heart and has become rarer to find in modern times. We're lucky to have it with some of our legends and the bonus is that they're still bloody good at the game of football as well.

This isn't sentimental as for the likes of Zabaleta it was clearly time for them to move on. For the others, there is still time to make more history and I guarantee it's something they will do.

So appreciate our current legends now because in the future all our best players will all want to go to Madrid?

Of all the reasons to not sell Aguero, I think that's got to be the most bizarre, like the class of Aguero, Silva and Zabaleta et al were one-off's. I can only assume it's some remnant of the small club mentality that doesn't realise that this last decade isn't a hiccup in City's history.

The fact is, really, if we're brutal about it and take emotion out of the equation, Aguero will come and go, even Silva will come and go and they'll be replaced with new legends and new world class players who spend 8-10 years of their careers here. They'll leave their own little bookmarks in City history, and fans will talk about them down the pub for decades, but they'll be replaced by others who will do the very same. This is how it is at big clubs.

Butrangueno gets replaced by Raul.

Raul gets replaced by Ronaldo.

Ronaldo gets replaced by Mbappé or whoever comes in next.

The same will happen here. Legends come and go and are replaced by new players who over time earn their own "legend" tag.

The idea that the Mancini crop will be the only loyal players we ever have, or that they buck the trend of modern football is laughable. The fact is that the best clubs in the world, who pay the best wages and win trophies always have "loyalty" from their best players.

That doesn't mean we don't appreciate players like Sergio, Merlin, Kompany, Yaya when they're here, because they're great players who've written history in a City shirt, but if your reason for keeping hold of them is "we'll never have players like them again" then you're either far too emotionally invested in specific players over the actual football club, or you're one of those blues who thinks we'll be back to mid table mediocrity in 5 years time.

I suppose this kind of reaction was inevitable as the first great post-takeover City side ended though, people aren't used to the idea of great teams being replaced by another, even better side. Chelsea had the same thing when Lampard, Drogba, Cole etc. left. We saw the beginning of it with Hart last year.

And I write all of this as someone who desperately wants Aguero to stay for 3 or 4 more years.

So appreciate our current legends now because in the future all our best players will all want to go to Madrid?

Of all the reasons to not sell Aguero, I think that's got to be the most bizarre, like the class of Aguero, Silva and Zabaleta et al were one-off's. I can only assume it's some remnant of the small club mentality that doesn't realise that this last decade isn't a hiccup in City's history.

The fact is, really, if we're brutal about it and take emotion out of the equation, Aguero will come and go, even Silva will come and go and they'll be replaced with new legends and new world class players who spend 8-10 years of their careers here. They'll leave their own little bookmarks in City history, and fans will talk about them down the pub for decades, but they'll be replaced by others who will do the very same. This is how it is at big clubs.

Butrangueno gets replaced by Raul.

Raul gets replaced by Ronaldo.

Ronaldo gets replaced by Mbappé or whoever comes in next.

The same will happen here. Legends come and go and are replaced by new players who over time earn their own "legend" tag.

The idea that the Mancini crop will be the only loyal players we ever have, or that they buck the trend of modern football is laughable. The fact is that the best clubs in the world, who pay the best wages and win trophies always have "loyalty" from their best players.

That doesn't mean we don't appreciate players like Sergio, Merlin, Kompany, Yaya when they're here, because they're great players who've written history in a City shirt, but if your reason for keeping hold of them is "we'll never have players like them again" then you're either far too emotionally invested in specific players over the actual football club, or you're one of those blues who thinks we'll be back to mid table mediocrity in 5 years time.

I suppose this kind of reaction was inevitable as the first great post-takeover City side ended though, people aren't used to the idea of great teams being replaced by another, even better side. Chelsea had the same thing when Lampard, Drogba, Cole etc. left.

It's staggering that even in the TRANSFER forum (the key is in the title you'd think) - people not just in on thread across various threads, are irate that people are talking about transfers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.