Psychiatric ward

If it's a diagnosis you're after, the trick is to see a consultant and lay out the bare honest truth, warts and all. Have you got a care co-ordinator or CPN?

No none of those, and I've waited seven months for counseling, there must be tons asking for it.
Luckily I have an appointment next month for general check up, I'll raise the matter then.

No none of those, and I've waited seven months for counseling, there must be tons asking for it.
Luckily I have an appointment next month for general check up, I'll raise the matter then.

That's poor form from the service you're under. I see my Care Co-ordinator every fortnight. He was assigned straight away after my last manic episode in the summer following Crisis Team intervention. Might indeed be worth chasing up. I had to wait four months for a consultant appointment but once I saw him he was excellent. I'm hoping to be discharged back to my GP next month following a successful change of meds.

I really do wish you the best mate. Keep your goals simple and remember it's a marathon not a sprint. The professionals can be hit and miss depending on where you live. Back in the north east I've got an ongoing complaint with the CQC about the poor care I received there. Sometimes you have to mither them to death, but remember that you're entitled to the best care that's available and they're paid to provide it.

Good luck and remember that you're among friends here.

Last thing to add, Pink, is if your house really is a mess, it's a mirror of your thought process.

Believe me, I know the ball ache of tidying, when you're down and when you think about, you won't know how most of the sh*t got there in the first place! But, it's really important to keep your gaff clear as it will lift your spirits further.

You may well be tidy and if so, ignore me. Being with someone is easier to mask that feeling as stuff gets done for you.

But when I was single and down, I couldn't give two fooks about anything. So, have a look around and make sure there's no clutter.

It's all good if you're not affected.

Just sayin'.
This is such a great and wise post!

Revealed: Britain's Mental Health Crisis
Panorama
One month after prime minister Theresa May promised to 'transform the way we deal with mental health problems right across society', reporter Sophie Hutchinson investigates the troubled state of NHS mental health services. She hears the concerns of staff and patients at the first mental health trust in England to be placed in special measures, and learns of the deteriorating national picture for mental health care funding, exclusively revealing new figures that show a shocking increase in unexpected deaths of mental health patients.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.