Puma - £650M shirt deal confirmed

Think Puma's biggest deal is signing Virat Kohli . At first you would think whats that got to do with City but when you look at it hes the captain of the Indian cricket team and adored by hundreds of millions of indians so when he starts wearing puma stuff indians will buy it. Its a huge unttapped market out there and City may be looking at that to create more income. If this comes off and works I can imagine our owners looking at buying an indian premier league football team

I'd be surprised if a City deal with Puma had much to do with India but I would think City are interested in tapping into that market.

Pretty sure this kit deal is worth more than the entire Umbro company
pp

Nike own Umbro, or did a few years back. My mate's Mrs was Umbro's Financial Director in Manchester when they were closed down by Nike. It was at the same time we swapped over to them. She reckons Nike want to pull Umbro out of English football.

Admiral kits! I remember my Mum buying me a dodgy copy of the England Spain 82 kit of Wythenshawe market. You had to sew the badge on yourself and she could never be bothered!
Remember England's first Admiral kit with the red and blue stripes down the sleeve! I had the Bukta copy bought for me one Christmas. It was as itchy as fook

pp

Nike own Umbro, or did a few years back. My mate's Mrs was Umbro's Financial Director in Manchester when they were closed down by Nike. It was at the same time we swapped over to them. She reckons Nike want to pull Umbro out of English football.
Nike sold them on a while ago iirc.

pp

I heard that Nike bought Umbro specifically because they wanted the England kit deal and they sold them as soon as it was agreed.

I think Nike have been very hit and miss. Present home and away are good but these are two of the only decent kits they have produced. So let’s not be deceived. Last years home and third were a disgrace. Puma are generally okay - training gear will be good - kits can be a bit bling - look at Leicester but I’d hope we will get special treatment and our own template. Puma’s international kits tend to be pretty good. Nike whist producing pooor quality has the global reach to help us grow (which was the attraction for the club I guess) but who was really gonna but that sub standard stuff? Getting the look and the quality right must be important - I’m not sure I want to see millions of City shirts sold if they look shite! How does that promote us or our brand. We need to work with Puma to clarify our identity- right shade of blue consistently, white shorts, blue socks with maroon tops - the world needs to recognise that as our unique colours. We are just another club in light blue thanks to our recent kit manufacturers (Umbro included). The financial deal looks good I hope we focus on our brand and don’t let Puma do to us what Nike did and strip us of our identity - blue shirts and white socks ffs!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.