QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is saying we should have stuck five in. But we are a team that scores plenty of goals and in a competition where away goals count more, it would have been nice to see a bit more attacking intent or maybe for us to have changed things earlier.

Of course we can still turn it around but we've made it really hard for ourselves.
1-0 is not a hard score to turn around, 2-0 and i would be twitching, the battle is not to concede because i cant see us putting 3 past them on the night

Do you not think Pep was trying to avoid ‘doing a Liverpool away’ and being out in the 1st leg?

Liverpool away was another one with a really odd team selection though. We lost that game in the first half hour with Gundogan inexplicably being played out on the right wing and Liverpool absolutely overrunning us for the first half hour. Spurs never looked like doing that.

If we were worried about another Liverpool type game then maybe we shouldn't have put Silva in the team because he simply doesn't seem capable of making an impact in these kind of games at the moment. If he wanted to rest KDB he could have thrown Foden in for me because Silva has just been missing in action since xmas.

Realistically that wasn't the worst, we were never going to win every game from here on out and if I had to pick a game to lose recently this would be it and a 1-0 loss is recoverable. If we lost to Brighton we were out, if we lose to Palace it'll be tough in the PL, same with Spurs in the league. I'm confident enough with it, if we're all up for the game we could easily beat them 2-0/3-0

Hoddle, Ferdinand and Lineker talking as if Fernandinho tried to kill Kane with his elbow...Jesus Christ....how pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.